Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum I frequent, someone asked about PT Cruisers because she was thinking of getting one. Well, of course I referred here (don't know if she's ever visited?), but most people that have replied has said that the Cruiser is nothing but junk and a NEON. That's just part of the terrible things they've said. :(

Several are trying to tell me that the PT is built on a Neon chassis. I told them that wasn't so, but they're referring to old articles that were written by so-called journalists.

I've been going to that message board/site for almost 2 years now, but when they insult my car, they insult me.

If anyone's interested in reading, here's a link: http://bb.naturallycurly.com/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=028587

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do not worry about it.. they are just jealous they do not hve such a cool car!
P.S. Love your gaphics!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Speedy, sorry to hear of your troubles. You are certainly correct in saying that the PT is not a piece of junk, but actually they are correct in saying that the PT is designed from a Neon chasis. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's still a PT and its still a great car! ;) :) Although, even though it was "based" on a neon I don't believe it has many similarities anymore.

Also, most of the posts there are based on ignorant comments and personal feelings. To say that all PTs are "lemons, the lot of them" is pretty stupid. Must be the "natural curly hair".....hehe just kiddin'! ;)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JP- It was initially based on a Neon, but is not built on a Neon....correct?

GT Cruzr - Marc here at PTE made that graphic for me. Isn't he cool? :x

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Folks, I personally don't care if it's built on a Neon or a VW chassis. It is definitely the coolest car on the road. Can we all say "JEALOUS"? :x :D :x If someone had a "bad" PT, they can call it junk, they've earned the right. The others..... })

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
spdracr said:
JP- It was initially based on a Neon, but is not built on a Neon....correct?

GT Cruzr - Marc here at PTE made that graphic for me. Isn't he cool? :x
Speedy, I'm fairly certain that is correct. It is "based" on a Neon chasis or platform but its not like they were built on the same production line. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
No Neon here...

The PT Cruiser is NOT based on a Neon chassis. The only major mechanical shared component is the front suspension system. I'm at a total loss as to how the Neon myth began, but I hear these comments all the time.

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Sounds like the usual mishmash of uninformed opinion about the Cruiser. Some folks don't like the PT's looks, then hear that it's a tarted-up Neon, etc., and you won't shake that notion from their skulls with dynamite. Bottom line is they don't like the Cruiser. Ignore them.

By the way, I asked Frieda, since she has that naturally curly hair and all, and she said her parents have a PT Cruiser and she likes it a lot. She also denies that "PT" stands for "Peanuts Transport."

|)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Did anyone ever here of unibody construction. That means it has no frame ,not like non Chrysler products. it could be made at the same plant and still not be a Neon. Does that mean that if a Chevy and a Buick are made on the same line that they are the same car? How about a Chevy and A Cadillac, are they the same?If I remember , a Pt is five inches shorter then a Neon.They have different motors too.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
JOEM said:

By the way, I asked Frieda, since she has that naturally curly hair and all, and she said her parents have a PT Cruiser and she likes it a lot. She also denies that "PT" stands for "Peanuts Transport."

|)
LOL....good one Joem! ;) :}

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
For the concepts, they have a different chasis, but it's its own now...not Neon. Oh, and tell that stupid boob on the hair forum that "PT" is NOT for "Panel Truck." On all accounts I've heard, it was "Plymouth Tallcar" and is now "officially" called "Personal Transportation." Panel truck is not and never was the meaning.

RN

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Curley hair. I have curley hair. Don't care much for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, Speedy, that Curly Haired forum has a few ignorant, ill-informed members that like to run off at the mouth about something they know very little about. This is how nasty rumors & urban legends get started. I'm glad to see you vigorously sticking to your guns and thank that Chrysler engineer for put in his excellent input. x(

Long live the PT (and no that doesn't stand for mid-life crisis mini van) }})

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
quote from 'Chrysler Engineer' on the hair forum. Looks like you got another fan spdracr. :)

My daughter is a participant in this hair forum.
She showed me this thread and thought I should say a word or two to a couple people on here.
I've worked at Chrysler then Daimler Chrysler for over 20 years now. I've worked both on the Neon and the PT Cruiser Platforms. Now get this right.
The PT Cruiser IS NOT Built on a NEON Platform.
I love it how you people, who don't even own such a car come on here and all of a sudden are EXPERT on them.

I can see that spdrcr has done her job and Congratulations on your insight on the PT Cruiser.
Originally, our Pronto Platform had a Neon Chassis. That's ONE Proto Cruiser. After doing a number of tests on this platform, we came up with a NEW platform alltogether for the Cruiser. We shortened the chassis by almost 4 inches to that of the Neon.
The only thing the PT Cruiser shares with the Neon are 11 pieces, namely nuts and bolts. THAT'S IT !!

I will give away $1000 to any of you so called Experts out there that can take the PT Cruiser body and Fit it on a Neon Platform. Save your time. I'm telling you, there is NO Way in Hell that you would be successful.

Tell me this all you experts.. How many awards did the PT Cruiser win so far (it is still on-going). To date, the PT Cruiser has won well over 45 awards. The most awards won by any vehicle in the world to date.
To the lady looking at getting the PT, I say go test drive one, go to a PT Cruiser Forum (not a hair forum) and ask your questions.

Most of the so called "experts" on here that are badmouthing the Cruiser are extremely jealous of this award winning vehicle.
Yes, the first couple years of the PT Cruiser, the gas consumption was not great but we have improved it considerably on our new models.
Also, keep in mind that the Cruiser has a very small gas tank compared to some other cars out there.

I dare anyone here (most of you badmouthing the Cruiser) to take your4 cyl. foreign car and go up against the plain 4 cyl. Cruiser (Not the Turbo). You will be surprised at the outcome.

All those of you who Do say that the Cruiser is built on the Neon Platform, you are making yourselves look and sound like idiots.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.