Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was on my way to carl's(dbltrbl) house to work on one of the turbovans. I was in the middle of turning left when some 17 yo traveling on the other side of the yellow lines clipped the right front of my horizon and tore the bumper clean off of the car, then resulting in a 4 car accident. He was definately speeding and clearly on the wrong side of the road so he would miss all of the cars going straight or right. He didn't even hit his brakes, so I guess he didn't see me (it was just over the crest of a hill). Oh well, just minor damage to my front end(bumper/supports/hood/bezels/fenders). I only have 600 miles on the new motor!!!:bash:

Oh well, at least none of my go fast goodies got messed up. Even the NPR intercooler cheated death.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Like I say to everybody. The only time somebody can see an omni/horizon is if they:
1) own one
2) know somebody that owns one
3) just hit one

Most people fall into category number 3...as in: "Holy shit...why isn't my car moving forward anymore? Oh...wait, where did that little boxy car come from?"

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
All I can say is that impact must have caused some bad WHIPLASH. The insurance company will screw you because you have an Omni. Ouch my neck just hurts thinking of that hit you must have took.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, believe it or not, I didn't feel much of anything. It was like bumper cars at an amusement park. They hit the other cars pretty hard afterwards. Not sure if the girl in the passenger side had a belt on since she was holding her face and crying hysterically. She might have just been freaked out.

And I hear you on the omni theory. Unless you are specifically looking for them they are invisible. They just sort of blend into traffic.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The S is Silent said:
Like I say to everybody. The only time somebody can see an omni/horizon is if they:
1) own one
2) know somebody that owns one
3) just hit one

Most people fall into category number 3...as in: "Holy shit...why isn't my car moving forward anymore? Oh...wait, where did that little boxy car come from?"
Ugh...that's why I quit riding motorcycles. Even smaller than Omnis.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You have the worst luck, sorry to hear that

Does your new bottom end seem good this time? What did you end up using for pistons, rods, and crank?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jake said:
You have the worst luck, sorry to hear that

Does your new bottom end seem good this time? What did you end up using for pistons, rods, and crank?
All of my bad luck has stemmed from improper machining. I have always spent $$ on the correct parts, but if they are set up incorrectly, you are probably better off running a junkyard shortblock!

T3 head(same one)
89 N/A common block
forged 2.2 crank(same one)
heavy rods/wavelok bolts
forged t3 venolias .020 over
file fit rings

Friend did all the machining, I did all the assembly. The ONLY way to be sure the work is done correctly. The motor has about 800 miles on it, and sounds/feels better than it ever was.

i am looking for a vw golf "big bumper" to replace my damaged front end parts, and i am also checking out a possible project car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad to hear your short block is finally working well for you.

Would you mind if I pm you to ask a couple questions about your turbo and wastgate?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sure. the wastegate is overkill for those running higher boost anyways. no need for a 40mm external gate if you are running high boost anyways.
The turbo is an excellent choice for a modded t3 motor. Garrett GT35R with T04S compressor cover and .63 a/r GT exhaust housing(3" 4 bolt outlet). i cut off the flange and welded a v-band flange directly to the turbo. The ported shroud T04S cover that i swapped to eliminated a mild surge when i matted it under 3k rpms

1 - 15 of 15 Posts