Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pain in the ass. I bought some 4" mandrel bends and could hardly use them becuase the radius was too large. I guess a Dodge Spirit Was not suppose to have such a large downpipe in there.:D Anyway here are the pics.

Don't laugh at the cuts and welds, I will be the first to admit I am not the greatest when it comes to metal work.:eek: I am going to let someone else finish up the welds for me, I just tacked them in place for now.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Nice work! I should have probably gone 4" on my downpipe. But, I already drug my feet long enough getting him the parts.

HX30?40? internal? external?

More info and pics please! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work! I should have probably gone 4" on my downpipe. But, I already drug my feet long enough getting him the parts.

HX30?40? internal? external?

More info and pics please! :thumb:
Neither, it is a HE351.;) It has a 4" vband on the turbine housing for the exhaust otherwise I would have gone with 3 inch downpipe. It will be internally gated, most likely with the R/T wastegate at first. I think the Holset wastegate opens up around 30 psi or so (not really sure). I would like to start out at 15 and work up from there.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Haha! I know exactly what you mean about the tight bends. Your down pipe looks Almosstt exactly like mine. Same turbo, same downpipe, only in an L-body and on an 8v!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
NIce! I have an hx40pro getting ready to go on mine. Let me know how you like it once you get it on! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I wouldnt put the o2 sensors there if I was building my own downpipe (looking at the ATP one).

That also has a lot more radius then RJ's so you could run into fitment issues. Probably depends where your turbo is located. With a manifold that places it closer to the transmision, you would have more room to run that ATP piece.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good. Is that a 4" V-band flange on the end? Do you think this piece from ATP could be made to work on a TIII with hybrid turbo and ATPs swingvalve?

4" Modular Downpipe with 3" V-Band: atpturbo.com
Yeah it is the end of the Holset exhaust elbow cut off and welded to the pipe.

The ATP downpipe "might" work but that leg is going to have to be modified and come towards the drivers side or it won't make it between the firewall and k-frame. It might be tight to the power steering pump with the agp swingvalve too, I am not sure. I think it would take some modifying, probably just a tad less than making one yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts