Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I picked up my new GLHS on Thurs! As many of you know, I've been looking for a low mileage original car. I picked up 86 GLHS #163, 16,300 original miles, excelent condition, and is 100% stock other then a FM 2.5" cat back exhaust system. This is the car that was for sale at Classic Auto Showplace in Detroit that a few people were just talking about. I saved a little dough and bought it directly from the owner instead of through the consignment shop(Classicautoshowplace.com). As of now, 8am Sat morn, my car is still listed on their site, but I do believe there will be another 86 GLHS for sale there very soon.

Anyway, I'll have some picts will be up very soon!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hey congratulations Mark. Is there a slight chance we'll be able to see it at one of our upcoming meetings? :fingersx: We may meet in Forest Lake next Sunday. The jury's out on that one, but I'm thinking that's the way it'll go. That has to be a lot closer to you than other locations. We have a posting in the Racing/Events section.
Are you still up Duluth? Has there been snow up there yet? I'd even drive all the way there just to see it.
Do you still have your other 86? And if so, are you going to build the heck out of it?
Again, Congratulations. I hope to see it soon.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Wow, I just saw the listing. It looks great. I suppose with the engine so clean, you're not even going to think about installing that powder coated "Shelby" VC you have.
Mark, PLEASE,::fingersx:With it so original under the hood, could you take a couple thousand good detailed pictures of the engine and engine bay for those of us that have GLHS's that aren't quite as organized under the hood as they should be. We can always make stuff work, but it would be nice to have a set of pictures that shows EXACTLY where wires should be and whether they are on top or under a certain lines/hoses/etc.
Thanks in advance. The more pictures the better. I'm in no hurry. It's just both my GLHS's need detailing in the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey congratulations Mark. Is there a slight chance we'll be able to see it at one of our upcoming meetings?
LOL, that would be quite the drive for me to come to the meeting. I live in Alliance, OH now, so that'd be like a 900 mile drive each way for the meeting. Needless to say, I won't be there. :)

Do you still have your other 86? And if so, are you going to build the heck out of it?
Yup, I still have #085. It's burried in the garage behind the GLHT and my Neon ACR, so it's in there for the winter. I'm gonna pull it out in spring and sell it.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
LOL, that would be quite the drive for me to come to the meeting. I live in Alliance, OH now,
I didn't notice your location.:D You'd better get an early start if you want to make the meeting. As it is, the locals get there a couple hours late quite often.
So when did you leave MN.? Does this mean you don't still work for Archer racing? Well, next time you make your way to your parents house with the GLHS, you better let us all know in advance and we can have a special meeting to druel over your car. But then I'm betting you don't want to put 10% of all the miles on that car, in one trip.
Take care.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So when did you leave MN.? Does this mean you don't still work for Archer racing? Well, next time you make your way to your parents house with the GLHS, you better let us all know in advance and we can have a special meeting to druel over your car. But then I'm betting you don't want to put 10% of all the miles on that car, in one trip.
Take care.
Yeah, I quit at Archer and work for a different Viper race team here. I've been out here for about a month. I don't know when I'll be back home with the new car. Probably the closest I'll be to there is maybe Volo this coming spring for the Shelby show.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Mark, you big teaser. The links don't work.:bang head

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, I didn't even see that car advertised. I purchased a 43k mile original owner glhs last May, please tell me the dealership didn't have it for sale back then! Congrats again and enjoy owning a very well kept piece of history.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
MARK #163 looks very nice good purchase can you share with us what you paid for it since so many of us like to follow the trends in values?

BOBD: on your request for unmolested engine bay pix i have about 100 very detailed pix i took of Dominic Papas 86S #015's engine bay (5,200 original miles on it only thing changed is the battery) that i used as reference for my engine bay restoration so if you want me to email those to you i can.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
BOBD: on your request for unmolested engine bay pix i have about 100 very detailed pix i took of Dominic Papas 86S #015's engine bay (5,200 original miles on it only thing changed is the battery) that i used as reference for my engine bay restoration so if you want me to email those to you i can.
Marcus,
That would be great! The more the better. Just switching a fuel rail in one of these things can disturb the looks of the engine. Whenever you get a chance to do that would be great. I'm not in a huge hurry. I was thinking about putting together a site where people couple post pictures like that for the whole SD world to see. These pictures would be a great start. (If you didn't mind) Too bad digital camers weren't around when I bought my first Dodge Shelby's.:D You can send the pictures, (or link) to [email protected]
Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts