Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other night i was bored and decided to check out craigslist.com. i searched for "Shelby" in the Denver area and found '87 Shelby CSX #667 for sale. there were no pics in the ad, and the description simply said "runs good, needs work, high miles. $1000/obo." i had NO intention of buying a car :eek: but i called a few times out of curiousity that night and got no answer. i just assumed it had already sold. the next morning the owner called me back and my brother and i decided to go down and check it out. the car turned out to be wayyyy nicer than we were expecting. unfortunately she didn't really want to take less than $1000 despite the ad claiming "obo" but i eventually got her to take $950. i didn't mind though since it was in much nicer shape than i was expecting anyway. it has 185,xxx miles but sure doesn't look like it. all of the Shelby specific items are there except the Centurion wheels. right now it has Cavalier Z24 wheels on 205/60s (ugly!). i'm going to get some pizza wheels for it and of course, some new 205/50s. the interior is really clean but the front seats are kind of worn. the dash looks near perfect, the rear seats look like no one ever even sat in them, the headliner doesn't sag at all and the carpet and door panels will clean up pretty easy. there isn't one dent in the car and it was repainted a few years ago.

after we looked at it a few days ago we had to come back home and pay for the car via paypal and then we went back down today to pick it up after the paypal cleared. i just got home with the car last night. it ran great the whole way, engine runs really smooth, shifts perfect, clutch feels great, brakes feel nice etc. it definately needs a new motor mount, new tires and shocks/struts and a basic tune up but nothing major.

anyway, here are some pics from the other day:

btw, it was sitting beside the previous owner's house for two years. the Colorado plates expired in 2006!

-------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am fairly new to the hobby of the TDs even though my wife and I still have the 87 Daytona Shelby Z that we bought new. Thats beside the point. I found CSX# 665 and am in the process of buying it from the current owner. I am only buying it to save it as it has been sitting outdoors and not moved in at least 3 years. Seeing yours has given me more incentive to get the purchase done. We are in North Platte, Nebr. so maybe we can get the cars together someday and search for #666. Dave.

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Yes thats a super great deal..... very nice car for the price...
I saw that ad and considered it b4 I got mine... looks like I missed a steal :bang head

Oh well at least 2 got saved instead of only one...:thumb:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Thief!
good luck with it! :thumb:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes thats a super great deal..... very nice car for the price...
I saw that ad and considered it b4 I got mine... looks like I missed a steal :bang head
rofl you miss out on alot of steals huh ;)

--------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am fairly new to the hobby of the TDs even though my wife and I still have the 87 Daytona Shelby Z that we bought new. Thats beside the point. I found CSX# 665 and am in the process of buying it from the current owner. I am only buying it to save it as it has been sitting outdoors and not moved in at least 3 years. Seeing yours has given me more incentive to get the purchase done. We are in North Platte, Nebr. so maybe we can get the cars together someday and search for #666. Dave.
#665 eh? cool :thumb: i am kinda wondering if Shelby even made any #666 cars....you'd think people wouldn't want that number. kinda how people who get new license plates for their car...if the court house gives them plate #666 they will more than likely refuse it. i wouldn't doubt our cars were sold at the same dealership.

anyway, i am actually planning on being in North Platte in June sometime.....unfortunately i won't be driving the CSX. that would be cool to stop by and check your car out :)

later

-----------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh man i would love to have an '86 Daytona Turbo Z CS!!! i love the 1st GEN G-body Turbo Zs! i bought a black '84 Turbo Z a couple years ago but sold it right after i bought it to a friend of mine. wish i would have kept it!

--------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let me know when you get over this way. Bring a trailer and checkbook because my wife put the veto on any more fixer-upper/project cars until I get hers done like she wants it. (she has a 73 Cuda that needs 1/4s and interior) Anyway, #665 is still sitting. I have tried several times to talk to the owner. I believe he lives alone as there is never anyone home during the day and in the evening when there is a car in the driveway, no one answers the door. I will keep trying even though I will feel silly standing there scratching my head if he shoots me a good price and I know I'd better pass on it anyway :( Keep in touch, I'll get you my cell # when you get ready to come this way so you can get ahold of me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
oh man i would love to have an '86 Daytona Turbo Z CS!!! i love the 1st GEN G-body Turbo Zs! i bought a black '84 Turbo Z a couple years ago but sold it right after i bought it to a friend of mine. wish i would have kept it!
There's a black '84 Daytona Turbo Z for sale on eBay right now actually. Price is really going up with 22 bids and 2 days left though. Might not be able to steel it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts