Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I own a 89 Dodge Daytona C/S. One of the 269. Turbo II. It is red with grey interior. It has about 170K miles on it, but runs well. Turbo still pulls 14 lbs. Interior needs some work. Exterior has no rust, but needs a clear coat. All original parts. I can get the original window sticker.

Second, I am not a car guy. I tried, but it's not me. I am trying to figure out what to do with this car to get the most money for it. In its current condition, I estimate I could get about $1500. Is that right? If I restore it - new paint job, rebuild everything, redo interior - what is it worth? Is it worth more as parts?

I will be glad to answer and questions and appreciate everyone's help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
So let me see if i get your question right, do you want to restore the car and then sell it? or do you want to restore and keep it. If you want to sell it dont bother as it wouldn't go for much and i mean i've seen nicely built Daytona with tons of mods sold for $3500 and the guy spent more than 5g on it. You would get a lot to sell it as part and make a good profit if you can strip the whole engine and body. In other hand if you want to keep the car, hell yeah go for it as these cars are fast and fun and kinda cheap to maintain, these are keeper cars not like american muscle, hemi Cuda to restore and sell it big buck, you should love it and it will love you back. Also you're kinda similar to me because i have a 91 Daytona C/S red ext with grey int. AGS which is 1 of 150 built and im not really good on mechanical stuff. Hope i answer some of your questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I want to make the most money from it, part it. If I want to keep it, restore it and have fun, but I won't get my money back.

Sound about right?

·
Registered
361 Posts
You nailed it. And if its in fairly good condition dont part it. If its a true C/S and since its a TII i definitely would work on it. But still its your choice, you have to decide if you want money badly or if you want a fast, fun, cool car which is kinda getting rare to find these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HAve any pics of it? You may be able to get rid of it here. Im looking for a deal so let me know. Are you sure of the rust situation, I mean being from MD and all I would find it quite rare to not have some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts