Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped Tire Barn as a sponsor and have a MUCH better deal with Sullivan Tire. I talked to Craig Sullivan at Indy on 4/18, a test and tune and he remembered way back when I started out at Bunker Hill and raced against me in Sportsman. He now runs a rail in Super Pro. I mentioned that he should sponsor me. We talked it over and now it is official. He has stores in Danville, IN and Avon IN too. Mike Bagley, another Super Pro driver of a rail dragster is his shop manager in Avon and I was racing at Bunker Hill when he started out. They do a LOT more than just tires. Nothing against TB, but they started NOT living up to their full agreement that has been in place since 1990.
:hello2::cheers::drinking::party1:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, my other sponsors are:
The Bell Insurance Agency in Indy
omnipotentparts.com of Streetsboro, OH
Gary's Tax Service in Kokomo, IN
Lowe's Speed Shop in Kokomo, IN
Fas-Lube Undercar in Kokomo, IN
Brad Pennington in Jamestown, IN

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are your race cars?
On the first two and last post you can go back and forth to see what I race against with both Neons. I am the only guy that drives his cars to all of the events. I was 3rd in pts last year in the United Manual Transmission Racers series and was 2nd in 2010 while winning the Stick Shift Nationals with the red Neon when it belonged to my mechanic back then. I borrowed it for one earlier race and was runner-up, so I wanted that car BAD...he sold it to me back a year ago March, raced it in 12 races and made money in 8 of them
My 05 SRT4 that has a best now of 12.17 at 119 mph giving a modded Mustang a two second head start!
UMTR at Edgewater - Aug. 21, 2010 - Hyper-Performance Motorsports Inc. Photography
The 95 SOHC Neon that barely runs in the 15s, near stock
UMTR at Edgewater - October 8, 2011 - Hyper-Performance Motorsports Inc. Photography
My 1984 Plymouth Horizon with only 94 hp stock 2.5...this car has won the vast majority of my championships. It has nearly 300,000 miles and is still driven to and from the tracks. The huge tires were on it for only one pass. The 22.5x9x13 hooked just as good as the tiny 20.5x7x13s but slowed the car down over a tenth. I use the tiny slicks now.
Opening Test and Tune | Facebook
I even made money in the UMTR series in two of three races with a 19.9 second 3 banger Geo Metro!
UMTR Nationals at Edgewater - 9/26/09 - Hyper-Performance Motorsports Inc. Photography
The very first round of eliminations I ran the Geo against a fuelie Vette from the mid 60s that dialed 7.70 (IN THE 1/4) against my 19.90. He went past me just past the finish line at over 170 mph to my 65. I beat him on the starting line with a .030 to his .036....we both ran .002 over our dials!

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
congrats on a new sponsor, even the little ones help greatly lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts