Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^yup!
my friend running 498hp did this years ago and has never had trouble not running a thermostat. it DOES heat up to running temps, its just controlled by the fan now instead of a thermostat. also, it seems to heat up in the same amount of time as it did with a thermostat on the old system.

· Registered
4,660 Posts
the pics did not show for me on that site. "Cool: idea. ;)

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
Reverse cooling? :confused:
Turbododge people have been doing that for years! :thumb:

Its called using the wrong water pump:D

Just Kidding around:p

I also would like to see pics
:needpics:

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
How about using a 90 degree thermostat housing on the transmission side of the head for a #4 cooling mod, block off the normal thermostat housing, and using a 90 degree thermostat housing on the block with a temperature sensor bung?

Here's one for a Ford from Jeg's:

Mr. Gasket 2664 - Mr. Gasket Chrome Thermostat Housings - JEGS

· Registered
107 Posts
If you have an electric fan, and an intercooler in front of your radiator, you do not need a thermostat. If the fan isn't on, you're only losing a small amount of heat though actual radiation. We've been running reverse flow for a few years, and the car doesn't take any longer to heat up.

All of the pressure in a cooling system is caused by heat expansion. The design of every TD water pump(and most likely any W/P) make it impossible to create positive pressure. All the W/P is for , is to push the coolant through everything.

The #4 coolant mod is obsolete if you reverse flow.

You don't need to be able to machine aluminum, just be able to weld it. Our first block bung was a scrapyard elbow welded to a piece of aluminum plate, surfaced with a file and a belt sander.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.