Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting one for a while. Don't want to pay an arm and leg for one. I need some expert suggestions here. I don't know which mega pixels (if that is the terminology) are best.
Please Help. Thanks

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I love my Kodak EasyShare DX4900. When it comes to megapixels, look for something 3 or higher. You'll get the best pictures that way. My Kodak has a docking station (purchased separately) which is great. You place the camera in it, push a button, and all the pictures are transferred to your computer in a snap.

Remember the phrase "You get what you pay for"...this seems to be true when it comes to digital cameras.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I have had my Canon Digital Elph S100 for about 2 years now. I have taken thousands of trouble free shots with it, and have over 1.5 Gb of Kaipo pictures (for his grandparents) on storage. I like the Elph, cuz it's small and easy to carry around in any pocket. My theory is this: You only use your camera if it is not a hassle to carry around. Never miss a shot, cuz it's always with me. ;)

·
Registered
12,917 Posts
I still use my old Nikon 35mm but have a 4000dpi scanner that can produce a 30meg file.. My digital camera is very old produces 47k files at 640 x480 ok for web shots only but not much else.. I agree you get what you pay for the other thing that you should be concerned with is the capacity of the memory and the type of memory the camera uses.. Most come with a 64mb stick however you can go up a 1gb

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have a Olympus 2040Z at 2.1 Megapixel that is just great. Takes fantastic pics and unless you are going to blow pics up all the time there is no need to pay the big $ for alot of megapixels. The dude that sold me ours 2 years ago showed me pix taken with higher pixels like 3.0 and 3.3 at the time and you could not see the dif until they were blown up past 8 x10. A 64 meg card for memory will hold 128 pics at high resolution ( 1600 x 1200 ) I am sure since I bought mine they have gotton better and cheaper but we paid $400 for ours back then.Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
spdracr said:
I love my Kodak EasyShare DX4900. When it comes to megapixels, look for something 3 or higher. You'll get the best pictures that way. My Kodak has a docking station (purchased separately) which is great. You place the camera in it, push a button, and all the pictures are transferred to your computer in a snap.

Remember the phrase "You get what you pay for"...this seems to be true when it comes to digital cameras.
Kodak is a good choice, I just got a DX4330 (3.1 megapixels) for $299.00 and a docking station for $99.99 with a $20.00 rebate and also I bought a 128MB stick for $79.99.

a very user friendly camera.

Total cost after rebate at Best Buy: $458.98.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your help. I am going to a KITS Camera Store to check out what they have. I realle don't want to spend any od my PT Mod money.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Frank said:

Kodak is a good choice, I just got a DX4330 (3.1 megapixels) for $299.00 and a docking station for $99.99 with a $20.00 rebate and also I bought a 128MB stick for $79.99.

Yeah Frank, this is my second Kodak camera. I was so pleased, that I stuck with that brand. The docking station is awesome!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Frank said:

Agree...Kodak is a good choice...I'm still using my first generation DC 210 Plus Kodak...but when I go for a new one will stay with Kodak.

Shop around (on the net) for the best deal!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have Canon Powershot S30.
-3.2-megapixel CCD delivering up to 2,048 x 1,536-pixel resolution images.
-1.8-inch, color LCD monitor.
-3x optical zoom lens, 7.1-21.3mm (equivalent to a 35-105mm lens on a 35mm camera) with auto and manual focus.
-Up to 3.2x digital telephoto.
-Full automatic, program AE, shutter priority, aperture priority, and manual exposure modes, as well as five preset exposure modes.
-Manually adjustable aperture settings from f/2.8 to f/8.0, depending on zoom setting.
-Manually adjustable shutter speed settings from 1/1,500 to 15 seconds.
-ISO sensitivity equivalents: Auto, 50, 100, 200, 400, and 800.
-Three metering modes: Evaluative, center-weighted average, and spot metering
-White balance setting with seven adjustment modes.
-Built-in flash with five operating modes.
-RemoteCapture utilities for controlling the camera from a computer.
-JPEG and RAW still image file formats, movies saved as AVI / Motion JPEG and WAVE formats.
-Images saved to CompactFlash Type I or II memory cards, 16MB card included.
-Stitch-Assist mode for creating panoramic pictures.
-Records up to 60 seconds of sound with individual images.
-DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) compatibility.
-USB cable for high-speed connection to a computer.
-Canon Digital Camera 7.0, plus ArcSoft PhotoImpression and VideoImpression software.