Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I read about a program called CHEM on moparchem.com and am intrested in learning more about it.It dosent really have a detailed explanation on how to modify my LM ,what parts I need and etc to run this program on my laptop.If anyone can help me,as well as pics of what parts I need,and how to modify my LM ,how to burn new chips and so forth.I'm good at soldering and working on electronics.Thank you.

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
Hi,I read about a program called CHEM on moparchem.com and am intrested in learning more about it.It dosent really have a detailed explanation on how to modify my LM ,what parts I need and etc to run this program on my laptop.If anyone can help me,as well as pics of what parts I need,and how to modify my LM ,how to burn new chips and so forth.I'm good at soldering and working on electronics.Thank you.
Look for D cal on a search instead of Chem

· Registered
108 Posts
Dcal is basically v1 of chem with a large number of features added. Chem 2 is the newer version of chem. I would suggest that you use both, or at least look at both and decide which one you prefer. The fuel scaling in chem 2 is very nice and extremely easy, just a couple of clicks and your fuel is scaled for whatever injectors you're running. Dcal on the other hand, will do flashing for smecs (assuming you have a flashable smec). Both will allow you to edit the tables and constants in a calibration, provided you have the proper .tbl or .calx for said calibration. There are some other minor differences, but both programs are useful, and neither should be ignored.

To modify your lm, you basically need to pull the chip with the cal on it off, solder in a socket, and pop in a new chip. As to which chip to remove, it depends on the year of the LM. I personally use 27sf512 chips to burn the calibration on, depending on which year, you may need to double/quadruple your calibration. There's some info at the link below

Electronics - Automotive

· Registered
105 Posts
listen homie i've been running Chem 2 for years now and is arguably the best cals out there im running a 2.2 8v 24 psi with a large cummins 5.9 turbo absolutly no sight of detonation and plus i make near 30 to 40 mpg but i mean i do have a lil bit of an "in" on chem because i live 3 houses away from the actual creater of chem honestly after using chem because of #1 how smooth functioning it is and #2 how easy it is #3 how streetable it is and #4 how much power potential it utalizes i will NEVER EVER go back to Dcal S60 or any others

lil bit of food for though
zach

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.