Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so if u look at a log manifold were the inlet is that faces down.
the tb brackit bolts around the top of that area...
ok im going to cut that bend off to were only 1 bolt whole will still be left for the tb bracket. A slightly less bigger bend will go on faceing the front for the use of an ic in a built draw thru ...
my question eny ideas on making the tb bolt on or should I weld a mettle plate on top of the inlet I weld on to the log. And then bolt the tb to that?

The vac houseing is going to be deleated with egr
As well...
and can the vac can come out or just leave in and plug line?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
well first thing i would do if your planing on going this way DO NOT USE THE TURBO INLET lol they are soooooooo restrictive! i had one on my 89 mini when i converted to the t1/t2 style garret and it wouldnt spool right and was just slow, i made my own and it would actually spin the tire!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool thanks that's how I was thinking kinda. Lol

And the turbo inlet(vac houseing) is going to be defeated its the main reason I pulled the turbo off everything is being ported or fitted with a custom less restrictive set up.

Keith do u know were I can get a spacer to weld in the log to add width to the log?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like to cut the log add a spacer and weld back to geather.
?? How should this be done for sum1 that's not wealthy lol?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Just buy one Smokie, much cheaper than trying to mod your own unless you have the fabrication equipment and skill already. I've seen a couple modified logs up for sale this winter. Hell I've even got a Spearco modified log I'll be parting with in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Ok so if u look at a log manifold were the inlet is that faces down.
the tb brackit bolts around the top of that area...
ok im going to cut that bend off to were only 1 bolt whole will still be left for the tb bracket. A slightly less bigger bend will go on faceing the front for the use of an ic in a built draw thru ...
my question eny ideas on making the tb bolt on or should I weld a mettle plate on top of the inlet I weld on to the log. And then bolt the tb to that?

The vac houseing is going to be deleated with egr
As well...
and can the vac can come out or just leave in and plug line?
Maybe you can find some inspiration here....

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f28/357108-modified-log-intake-intercooler-ported-throttle.html

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly what ima do but widen the log swell??
I would like to know were to get the sparer to do so.

And how big could I go before its redundant? ? Speaking of the angle that well come off the log?

Wen log is cut open slight porting around edges and bends well be done..
Eny more info please add pics basicly what I had in mind difrent pipeing size unless pic is smaller than it looks.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I made that setup and sold it to him.
I went to the scrapyard near me, (not for cars), and found a 10 ft piece of aluminum
pipe and cut it. LOL I still have like nine and a half feet left.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Pics of Spearco log if it helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
You guys look like you could use some bored throttle bodies.
I got one of those I'll have to unload too...lol
Never did get around to finishing the new throttle blade for it though, I know I cut it out of cartridge brass and began shaping it, but now it's lost in a sea of parts...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts