Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues of my favorite kind... Intermittent. Over the past couple weeks, as the weather has gotten warmer my idle has decided to skyrocket when I finish driving. It sounds like it's spinning at about 1400 RPM. I have also having driveablilty issues. There are times when I can have it floored and it doesn't rev beyond the part throttle I was previously driving. Then there are time it just roars to life and the throttle gets so twitchy afterwards that I am afraid to touch it. It's not a blown head gasket, I have made sure of that. I was thinking it was either a clogged fuel filter (quite possible, it is time to change it) or if perhaps my TPS was starting to kick out on me. It's isn't throwing any codes, hence why I suspected those two things. Any more experience would be appreciated, I don't want to start throwing money at problems as I have a wedding to pay for this summer. Thanks in advance.

-Joe

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
Connect a voltmeter between the signal and signal return line on the TPS and slowly sweep and check for a dead spot or fluctuating voltage.
Also check for a vacuum leak, a central vacuum leak will create your high idle condition and may be causing your throttle problem depending on the circuit that is being affected.
You will have to check the plastic lines carefully for a crack/break.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts