Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a Boschitty O2 sensor in there now, came with the car so dont scourn. I hav a mopar unit to replace it but havin troubles gettin the Bosch outta there, gonna try and O2 sensor socket but gotta find one.

Question is: The A/F gauge is reporting, all be it crazy reading, does this mean the sensor is fine? its sending back crazy lean/rich/lean/rich readings but i think it may be other probs, TPS or MAP. Or could these fluxuations actually be from a nutty sensor and then cars tryin to cope with the false readings. if figured if a sensor failed it would be always reporting a single signal no matter what the actual conditions are.

Thnx ~Mark

· Legendary Driver
11,047 Posts
what guage are you using and do you have the ground from it soldered and connected directly to the battery?

The Bosch sensor runs the car just fine. It just might not pump out more than .9 volts which some use to try and see if they have enough gas. But as far as the way the car functions the bosch sensor is a good sensor.

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Sunpro gauge, not my first choice but it was in there when i got the car. I can get all lights, all the way from rich to lean which i generally experience on any kinda idle. Funny u can feel the changes in idle as it swings both directions, and all of the buzzin in the rattlecage Daytona changes with too :). My guage is on the body ground which isnt much of a prob cuz the cars actually quite well grounded, #8 copper jumperin everything. Electrically the same thang. Thnx

~Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.