Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
today i took apart steerting mehanism, including all ignition. When i tried to put it back together, it didn't work (i tooked apart whole system, because beering broke). How can i get the car to start, is there any manuals how ignition work and how to put it together?
Also i have difficulties with taking apart my mirror, it mehanism died and i have to get to it, so i can fix it!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi,
today i took apart steerting mehanism, including all ignition. When i tried to put it back together, it didn't work (i tooked apart whole system, because beering broke). How can i get the car to start, is there any manuals how ignition work and how to put it together?
Also i have difficulties with taking apart my mirror, it mehanism died and i have to get to it, so i can fix it!
:withstupi
Wut duh heel u tawkin bout Willis?? I can't weed IdYut wanglage!!!

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
Here is info from Alldata. Not sure if this is correct, it says it is for 89 Daytona w/tilt but also says RWD steering column(?). They are showing the same thing for AJ and AP body.
The illustration for non-tilt is completly different and they have nothing for 88.
Is this what you have in your vehicle? If it is I will post the rest of the info. If not I will post the non-tilt pics and service instuctions.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
:withstupi
Wut duh heel u tawkin bout Willis?? I can't weed IdYut wanglage!!!
Your rude! If you look at his sig it is obvious this guy is from Europe and I'll bet you English is not his first language and probably a langauge he doesn't use daily.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The US mirrors are not like the ones in Europe. The US mirrors I have been unable to disassemble without breaking them. I do have a set of European mirrors on my R/T and they can be taken apart. The mirror pops off then it is just some common sense to disassemble them. I don't think the motor in then is servicable. There are a few guys here that live over there that might be able to help with parts. desertsnake1991 is one and very bad news. stay away from him. fortunatley he hasn't been around in awhile. Austrian Dodge is another and maybe a good help to you. NoR/Thman is over there too he is very helpful and I have bought something off of him with good shipping time to the USA.
Tim

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
What section is that post in?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
that was in the turbo dodge help section. back in 12-07. The last post was on 12-11-07. It should be a clickable link to view the thread.
Tim

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, i can really tell from picture, but it looks like it's the same... Also i posted some pictures how does it look now, in middle of restoration. I have to move the car and for that i have to get it started, but still didn't find how to start it!

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
I cannot tell if the diagram is the same as your column or not. starting will come from the ignition switch so lets start there.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
In the pictures you posted I think I see the rod still on the column that activates the ignition switch. So I would guess the ignition switch is still bolted to your column. Its just like it is in the picture NAJ posted. It should be farther down the column then you took apart. If its still bolted down you should be able to just push the rod the switch uses to activate the ignition switch. If the ignition switch is off use a small screw driver to put in the hole on the bottom of the ignition switch an activate the switch by sliding it.
Tim

·
Registered
522 Posts
Your rude! If you look at his sig it is obvious this guy is from Europe and I'll bet you English is not his first language and probably a langauge he doesn't use daily.
Tim
My apologies that was not my intention. I was just trying to humorously understand, lots of ppl think it's cute to slang words like that now a days and i honestly was confused as to wether he was talking about a column or a starter or what ever else it could be. (i.e. Steering or Starting)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, actually i speak english pretty good, i lived in Montana for a year! Bad spelling was because my keyboard is such an a$$! :D Well i can say that i got my car to start up, now there's no problem to steel it... Gonna have to unplug smth or put it in safier place... It's not quite Montana, where someone can shoot you for a bad look! :D Thanks guys for help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts