Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a TD in the Florida area.
I'm not looking for a show car, but something I can tinker around with and take it out to the local 1/8 mile track.
I live in SW Florida (Fort Myers/ Cape Coral) area.

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still looking and the car would be a project for my nephew and I.

*Possible Trade*
My nephew has a 1997 Bonneville SE 3.8 Supercharged w/3.25 Pulley, K&N Filter (Gutted Air Box), Gutted Exhaust w/Flowmaster (Loud) & recent Tune-Up. Car runs strong, but has 2 minor mechanical issues:
1 -A/C Compresor has typical front seal leak.
2- ABS light is on (Sensor?) which makes the T/C system is turn off, but does not affect braking.

**Sorry, if this breaks the classified rules, because it is not a TD vehicle:hail:**

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Check out Rick's mini in the for sale section...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Millerman340,
Thanks for the reply!
I did see the post for Ricks mini and was very interested until I discovered it was engineless. Would of jumped on it if it had a drivetrain!
I got rid of all my spare 2.2 & 2.5 parts when I sold my 91 Spirit R/T & 88 Shadow ES back in 2002.
I'm not sure, but I believe that turbomatt1 was the person who bought my red Spirit R/T & red Spirit R/T parts car along with all the spare R/T parts I had back in 2002.
Would love to know if it was turbomatt1 and what happened to the red R/T?
My nephew actually wants a mini for the full sleeper effect, but they are hard to find in Florida.
We might have a deal with a 84 Rampage with a T2 in NE Florida, but the owner is hard to contact.

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There is a turbo lebaron in the lkq in Orlando that you could pull the engine from for $150 & have a sweet Mini!!!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Henry, you have a PM.

As for your R/T's.....I bought the nice one from Matt. I rebuilt the motor and took it to several car shows. Now I guy near me owns the car. He's on here as well and may chime in. As for the parts car, Matt may or may not have it. He was clearing out his lot a few months back and a LOT of cars got crushed.

Look at my pic gallery for pics of your old R/T. That was one hell of a nice car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rick,
Nice to see that the car was saved and not parted out or crushed!!
I loved to drive the car when I lived in the Cooper City/Pembroke Pines/Hialeah area, but after the engine issue I just didn't have the funds to repair it (Married + House = No $ for R/T).
The whole interior was removed, cleaned and detailed including the rug!!
The cylinder head was ported & polished with a 3 angle valve job and the rest of the engine was rebuilt. Trans had new clutch, pressure plate, brg and the flywheel was resurfaced. Exhaust had an emptied cat and a flowmaster. The car ran hard and I never messed with the boost! I believe it spun a brg because the plug for the oil feed to the balance shafts failed and the engine lost oil pressure during a high speed race on I75 against a Mustang, BMW and Talon. I was ahead and winning until the oil pressure dropped!!
I gave Matt all my spare parts for the R/T's and he got a great deal for everything!!
I need to look for it but I think I still have the Valet key for the car? Maybe the current owner would like to have it and I can answer any questions he has on the car?
I still have lots of memorabilia for the R/T's and a original Dodge car cover for a Spirit R/T. I might e-bay the items or post them here? Need money to finish up my 87 Grand National!!

Henry

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Did you get my PM about the mini?

As for your other R/T items, make me a list....I'm in the process of restoring my car and I am always looking for interesting items.

Rick,
Nice to see that the car was saved and not parted out or crushed!!
I loved to drive the car when I lived in the Cooper City/Pembroke Pines/Hialeah area, but after the engine issue I just didn't have the funds to repair it (Married + House = No $ for R/T).
The whole interior was removed, cleaned and detailed including the rug!!
The cylinder head was ported & polished with a 3 angle valve job and the rest of the engine was rebuilt. Trans had new clutch, pressure plate, brg and the flywheel was resurfaced. Exhaust had an emptied cat and a flowmaster. The car ran hard and I never messed with the boost! I believe it spun a brg because the plug for the oil feed to the balance shafts failed and the engine lost oil pressure during a high speed race on I75 against a Mustang, BMW and Talon. I was ahead and winning until the oil pressure dropped!!
I gave Matt all my spare parts for the R/T's and he got a great deal for everything!!
I need to look for it but I think I still have the Valet key for the car? Maybe the current owner would like to have it and I can answer any questions he has on the car?
I still have lots of memorabilia for the R/T's and a original Dodge car cover for a Spirit R/T. I might e-bay the items or post them here? Need money to finish up my 87 Grand National!!

Henry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gvare001,
The TD was going to be a project for my nephew and I. He had some money saved and whatever he could get for the Bonneville he was going to add. He sold the Bonneville about a month ago for $1500 and with the rest of the money bought a 2001 wave runner. I'll keep you in mind and try to get a hold of him tonight.

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Henry,

You have mail.

I took several pics of the van today & sent them to you.

I plan on tagging it this week. If I don't get much interest I am going to replace all the AC parts & put some SRT4 wheels on it which at that point I'll keep it as a beater.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
New pics taken 05/20/2008.

Underside shots prove rust free. I don't buy cars with rust...period.

Photo of 1/4 panel damaged by tire blow out....previous owner.

Engine shot is just as it is...I drove it daily.

Interior needs a vacuum taken to it. Headliner does not sag at all nor is it fixing too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
its a shame I've had such poor luck selling it. i offered it engineless but i wanted the buyer to come check it out & leave a deposit before i would consider pulling the engine....i didn't want any excuses upon pick up to drop my price or for someone to back out leaving me with a engineless mini.

i'm headed to the dmv here in a few to get it tagged again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts