Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i really dont know where to start, first off is saying HI to all of you!!
i own a 1987 Plymouth Voyager... not your avrage 87 minivan.. but not radical YET, curently it has a 1994 3.0l mmc sohc V6, only mods to date, custom CAI/ with honda S2000 filter (better than k$n)(if you want one i can get them VERY cheap), when they get dirty or rained on i just toss it and grab another, that easy, it flows better than a k$n as long as its not been wet or dirty. (no pun intended lol), so anyway i have the 52mm tb, newer style 3.0l upper intake manifold, with the newer 2 1/2 exhaust manifolds, Accel 8mm wires, accel cap, rotor, accel coil, advanced timing stub hose for map, no internal mods tho, so nothing "real" here + 3 speed auto (yuk), anyway ive completly gutted the van, other than 2 seats and dash (will loose 1 seat and dash soon enough) + ive added VERY light alloy racing wheels, a total loss of over 800lbs, i dont remember the total weight but i think its 3050 lbs with me in it.. (230lbs) so its VERY light, also to come withen a few months, im plexying every window but the front 3, should shed another 100 lbs or so give or take 75lbs, i have no clue on that yet..but glass is heavy and its full of it... ive taken it to the track and ran atleast 50 1/4 miles (no joke) i have time slips from bone stock to current state + at lease 3 videos that i can think of that you can view under request + a cardomain page, i dont want to get to far ahead of myself.. im just so excited that i finally found a place that can relate to me!!! btw i posted this in gen eng forum, but was told to come to 3.0l turbo...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
welcome and ask away :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have enough questions to fill the entire forum lol... il start by showing my racing vids... and getting you all aquanted with my van lol.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Glad to have ya around, it's good knowing there are still many others tinkering with their 3.0L v6s. Your van sounds interesting I can't wait to see some pics and video of it.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hey. Welcome to turbododge!. As mentioned feel free to ask questions.They will get answerd there is alot of people on here with alot of knowlage. Any pics of the van?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Welcome! What numbers do you run at the track?

just out of curosity where did you get the 2.5" exhaust manis from, all i could ever find is 2.25"
2.5" was used in the older 87-88 3.0 engines. Not sure when they changed them but the 2.5" is way more common. I don't know why you can't find 2.5" manis, they are in basically every 3.0.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Welcome! What numbers do you run at the track?

2.25" was used in the older 87-88 3.0 engines. Not sure when they changed them but the 2.5" is way more common. I don't know why you can't find 2.5" manis, they are in basically every 3.0.

There ya go, Jory. I had to fix your information just a hair. The change over to 2.5" outlet was in 89. Basically when the turbo guys upgraded to the 2.5" swingvalve elbow, so did the 3.0L's rear manifold.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tell you the truth.... i thought that 94 and up had 2.5... but now 2.25 sounds correct.... SOOO do 89's acually have 2.5.. and is it only the rear manifold???.. go look in my other thread about drag raing vids... i spilled all the beans there.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
huh. sorry to hijack, but IIRC my 92 has 2.25" exhaust out to the rear suspension....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
They are talking about the rear exhaust manifold outlet. Early on it was 2.25", then they increased it to 2.5 into the cat and 2.25" out up to the rear axle.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
They are talking about the rear exhaust manifold outlet. Early on it was 2.25", then they increased it to 2.5 into the cat and 2.25" out up to the rear axle.

That's how my 95 minivan was before I put on 2.5 inch pipes. The pipe, from manifold to cat, was all that I kept.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
ahh, ok, i gotcha now :) learn something new every day

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
yeah, i removed that section and replaced it with a 2.25" flex pipe to the 2.25" turbo muffler.... cost: $25 :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.