Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All that I have been able to get a hold of wiring wise is a complete wiring harness out of an 84 Turbo daytona. I'm wondering how practical it is to make my own wiring harness out of what I have, to make the engine run. I don't want to make it a part of the chassis harness. I want to have the engine running on a stand, then I'll figure out where to run wires. If I go this route I need a logic module and a power module. The way that I would really like to go is find a wiring harness, logic module and power module for a turbo L-body. I'm finding that that is incredibly hard to do though. If any one has any advise on this, or the few parts I have listed, please inform me.

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
depending on what "style" turbo engine you are swapping, the 84 Gbody harness will work fine, more or less

getting it to run on a stand will be a bit tough but not impossible ; you will have to feed the engine harness 12V in a couple places to make it think the ignition key is "on" ; other than that hook up the LM & PM and an electric fuel pump somehow

turbo Lbody harness are certainly more rare than G/H/J etc ; but really the primary differences is that the G/H/J will have a wider and longer engine bay, so most of your wires will have some extra slack in them that you can tuck away..

I am (was) running an 87 Gbody harness in my 86 omni

1 - 2 of 2 Posts