Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel my Iroc R/T is missing some HP, got some rough running few day ago, i got code 27 from the Check Engine ligth,
Injectors seems to be dirty or i dont know (the car has been siting for nearly 3 years)

So i was wondering if ever i decide to change the injectors, should i stay with O.E.M or go aftermarket with just a bit more flow ?
then maybe change the computer and map sensor later on ?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Check and make sure the injectors are connected tightly and also try wiggling the fuel injector sub-harness connector around with the car idling. I had a bad connection in there that would give me code 27 and make the car run on three cylinders. Had to take the connector apart and clean it really good.

G

·
I was gonna say the same thing. It seems like TIII cars are more prone to having injector harness problems. I would check for continuity in all wires of the harness. Very seldom have I seen or heard of an injector going bad on these cars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah ok, well the problem is gone.

Thats my first injected car, so im missing some knowledges bout injectors.

So you mean injectors arent something that get worn out realy?

·
Banned
3 Posts
very seldom, i have sold sets to people who have had 1 go, but i have never had a bad one on my 3 r/ts or 30 or so 8 valves either.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the car is going fine now, but i suspect it running lean,
The head get quite hot but temps sensor is normal.

After acceleration when i remove my foot from the gas pedal i hear the exhaust ''pop pprpop.... pop''

Hear no problem on hard accelarion or loading.

Removed the spark plug and they look like they get too hot (rn9yc champion)
So i didnt want to take any chance with preignition i changed them rigth away.

Maybe the fuel filter is kind of cloged?

I will change it asap.

I noticed the boost hardly go up near 10psi
Is that the normal stock seting or what??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine started doing this as well a couple of days ago. Mine runs a bit rough and you can feel the motor 's loss of power upon take off as well as shuddering. I changed out the plugs and it helped a little but like you I can't boost above 10PSI. I'm also curious as to whathis may be. I'll have to check the injector wiring tonight as well.

·
Banned
3 Posts
the stock computer only goes to 11psi, grab a stg 1 cal for 15psi and a set of +20% injectors, the 4 pounds and better fuel curve makes a big difference.

usually when a injector goes bad or the harness is acting up, it will throw a code for it, are you getting any codes?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats that noise the car do when i release the gas pedal, like i said earlier, its go like '' pop pprpoppop '' Its not loud, but i definitly hear it well. ???:confused:

Since my car has been siting for near 3 years with a fuel tank near empty, i expect rust inside, and it probably cloged the fuel filter.

I got my factory service manual yesterday, ill look thru it, hopefully ill start to understand the electric and fuel injection stuff.:nerd:

·
Banned
3 Posts
your going to want to change the fuel filter and the fuel pump strainer, i had a turbo van that sat for 3 years with a 1/4 tank of gas in it and it had a ton of very fine rust in the bottom and started clogging the strainer and making it miss and pop all over the place, until enough of it broke loose that i couldnt even touch the gas pedal without it stalling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts