Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am getting an Innovate WB O2 for my car. Apon investigation they suggest to NOT put the sensor 6" away from the turbo(like our stock sensor location is) because the WB sensor is designed to work at less than 1300*F EGT, and less than 900*F housing temp.

OK, well I understand that fine. They offer a heat sink for the sensor that looks as though it may solve the issue of having the sensor so close to the turbo, but I was wondering how those that DO have this product have mounted their sensors? Have you run it in the stock location? If so, what is the failier rate of the sensor? Have any of you used the heat sink?

Also, has anybody had any luck using one of the anolog outputs to simulate the narrowband sensor? I know they say it can be done, so that's why I'm asking. It would be great to eliminate the stock sensor...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I think everybody mounts them in the downpipe. I think you have to keep your stock O2 in place. I just mounted mine about 5 inches down from the edge of the downpipe, I hope that's not too close!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I mounted my a few inch up from the bottom downpipe bend at about 7:30 position pointing up. No heat sink. I ran it for over 6 months now. No problems experienced. Good readings along with AuxBox datas.

I am using the LM1's analog out to drive a tiny LED bar graph display on my dash (Dynotune's display). It takes some trial & error to set the output voltage to make it display correctly. I still use the stock NB O2 system for engine management.

I would keep the stock O2. Unless you have a stand alone gauge system. It is an hassle to have to keep the LM1 wired up and running. One reason you might want to do that is to trick the engine to run lean, to save fuel during idle and part throttle.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got DynoTune's LC-1 kit. It is the LC-1 with their square digital display(red LED). I've got to gt my exhaust tweaked anyways(I don't like how it hangs currently) so I suppose I'll get two things taken care of at once. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I have mine on the down pipe. I am going to run my computer off the wideband's simulated narrowband and plug the stock o2 for better flow. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^That was what I was thinking as well...LMK how it works. If you get it set up, would you mind letting me know what settings you used? Thanks! :thumb:

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
100_1044

Been running that way since Febuary. I use the simulated narrowband output as well. Even tweaked it a bit to make the car run leaner. Of course I can tweak my ECU so I can force the ECU to ignore the signal and run a constant a/f ratio in boost. But with the tweaked NB output I got 37.3 MPG on a road trip to and around Seattle. Wish I would of stopped as soon as I got off the freeway to get a true Freeway MPG but I forgot and ended up cruising around town that afternoon with a tranny in the back. I'd say it's probalby 40MPg highway. I get 34 around town.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you meaning last Feb.? Also, I noticed that you had the WB contoller under the hood where the battery would normally be. How long is the wire from the sensor to the controller?

I was also reading, and watching the tips videos online about how to tweak the anolog output for imitating the stock NBO2...where did you end up setting the table? I don't have mine yet(It'll be a few days), but I'm just curious. I can't tweak my cal, but I am running a FWD S5, so it's rich as heck anyways under WOT, not to mention the water/meth injection on top of that. :thumb:

Thanks for the input!

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
Were you meaning last Feb.?
Yes last febuary, sorry.
Also, I noticed that you had the WB contoller under the hood where the battery would normally be. How long is the wire from the sensor to the controller?
That is it! I have it ziptied normally to the tranny mount on the frame there. Wish the O2 wire was as long as their serial wiring.
I was also reading, and watching the tips videos online about how to tweak the anolog output for imitating the stock NBO2...where did you end up setting the table? I don't have mine yet(It'll be a few days), but I'm just curious. I can't tweak my cal, but I am running a FWD S5, so it's rich as heck anyways under WOT, not to mention the water/meth injection on top of that. :thumb:

Thanks for the input!
The LC-1 comes set up with one of the analog channels simulating a NB O2. So it's really just a matter of wiring that up to the O2 input wire on the ECU. I got a new wire from a j-yard car and plugged it into the smec and pulled out the stock wire so if I ever want to go back to stock it's easy.

To manipulate it you just move the curve one way or another. I have mine set to bounce around 16.0-16.3:1 ratio. It's really quite simple in the LM programmer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts