Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Input Speed Sensor Issue

601 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Sonnyson 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone - I was driving my 94 LeBaron GTC Conv and it went into limp mode. I hooked up my SnapOn code reader and it said the issue was the Input Speed Sensor. I ordered a new one through Advanced, received it, and replaced the old one with the new one. Now the car won't go into gear. I push the brake and the gear shift just slides up and down and none of the gears engage. I didn't hook up the SnapOn again because it's too dark. Could it be the incorrect input sensor?

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
After replacing any sensor/electrical device on the A604 you need to perform the "Quick Learn Procedure" on the trans.
If that does not correct the issue, check to be sure your new speed sensor is not faulty and if any codes are still in memory.

Font Parallel Pattern Slope Number
Font Parallel Pattern Rectangle Slope
Font Parallel Pattern Number
Font Parallel Number Document

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram
Font Number Screenshot

#6 ·
I am not sure, my Son had a 94 Sundance 3.0L and he used to run the quick learn procedure after every round at the track so it cannot take too long.
I cannot even ask him right now, he is on vacation.

#7 ·
Ok. Didn’t seem to respond correctly, so once it cools down, I’m going to put the old sensor back in. At least with that one in, the car’s able to switch into gear. Then I’ll at least know if it’s the new sensor not working correctly.
Thanks for all the help. Will let you know how it goes.

#8 ·
OK. I figured out the problem...first, the new input speed sensor was working correctly. The shifting issue was due to the Trans Manual Control Lever Assembly finally giving out and breaking in half. I guess it was just perfect timing because it worked one minute, then it broke when I tried to put it in gear the second time. I just happened to be looking at the area above the solenoid, where the input sensor screws in, and said to myself, "hmm, I wonder if that's supposed to look like that!" It took me a while to find it in my manual, but once I did, I realized its purpose. I was able to jerry-rig one together and it appears to be pretty sturdy and working fine. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a proper replacement part.

There's always something new with this car, but I'm lucky to have somewhere to bounce this stuff off of. I appreciate everyone's input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.