Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, tonight i had a thought, i have my old 5.0 motor sittin around collecting dust. the more i look at my motor(the omni) the more i see things wrong with it. soooo..... i was wanting to know how much fabing i would have to do and how much strength im goin to have to add for my 89 omni to handle the 5.0. ive got a freind whos good with wires so thats no big deal... it just the fabbing i need advice on. im thinkin of tubing it out roll cage(definitly) 5 speed swap and just running a stock 5.0 that should move my omni pretty quick. and im serious about this swap so any help would be nice thanks
kyle

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry, I meant to say they make a kit for the focus. The question remains though, why. Especially when a v-8 weighs about 150 lbs more and you can easily get that kind of power with better handling, parts availability and economy if you really-boost-a 4 banger. .The only benefit IMO would be rear wheel drive. Power to you for imagining.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Make a RWD Omni like the guy who did it to a Shadow. RWD and a high hp 4 cyl. Would have equal cool factor IMO.

·
Registered
898 Posts
thatd be a cool idea, ive always contemplated a V8 rwd omni, especially with a 6 speed, and with a 5.0 they make nice turbo kits for under 5000 bucks, thats pricey, but ive seen 500+ rwhp in those 5.0s with a turbo, not to mention rwd, and whats a few hundred more pounds in an omni? oh, ok, now it weighs as much as a charger, the second lighest TD. and the V8 rumble, if you have the motor, and the time to park your omni for a while do it! im just not a fan of ford motors, but done right, hell yes my friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts