Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motor/Tranny should be going in this weekend!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I like the valvecover :thumb: I don't know if you noticed dude but, *in a quiet voice* someone drilled holes in your A/C delete bracket.. ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
That is sick. How the hell did ya get a CSI pump on there?? Custom machined brackets, or do they actually have stuff for thse motors?!?!?! I pretty much used them exclusevely way back, on the chevys. Damn good pump.

Thats going in a van right?

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CSI pump is made for our cars (1989 and up). Bolts right up.
Not going in the van, going in my Shadow.

·
Registered
632 Posts
No kidding, that is sweet. What did it run you, if you dont mind me asking?

For some reason, I thought it was going in the van. Would be funnier than funny though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
BadAssPerformance said:
Any reason why you did the water pump but have not put an underdrive pulley on?
With only an alternotor on it, those things dont take enough power to worry about. Id rather have a good charging system in it, especially in a drag car, idles a lot.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
TheGinMill said:
With only an alternotor on it, those things dont take enough power to worry about. Id rather have a good charging system in it, especially in a drag car, idles a lot.
So what's the HP saving of adding an electric water pump vs. an underdrive pulley spinning only the water pump and alternator?

Regardless, every little bit helps.

Drag cars idle a lot? That is by driver preference only.

Both my cars are street cars, idle at stop lights and in traffic, both have FM underdrive pulleys, Shadow has stereo with pair of 12" subs... no charging issues...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Newb question here: what is the advantage of an electric water pump? does the belt driven pump not work perfectly well? The only thing I can think of would be you could hook a turbo timer up to it and have it run for a few minutes off the battery to cool the turbo down. Does the electric pump offer improved flow over the mecahnical one?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Bryan... NICE! I have the page wiht those pumps bookmarked at home... aren't they like $300 ??????? I was thinking of one for my hybrid. But maybe not for $300. ~~H

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the water pump.

Not sure on the power savings, but I suppose it would be similar or possibly more than removing power steering, or air-conditioning.
I wanted the electric pump so I can run it while the car is not running.
Combine that with the radiator fan and I should be cool! Pun intended.

No head shim in there, that is a copper headgasket.

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tim_K said:
How much did the alternator bracket weight before and after the drilling?
Before more, After less.
I never weighed it, I was just having fun.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Everything is bad ass looking....I must say though I'm not a big fan of the blue cap on it.... :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
That was a prototype A/C delete bracket found on the early GLH N/A with the swiss cheese rims, but never made it to production. :)

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Una said:
That says '89 and earlier.. So that won't work for a common block?
Read like this:
1989 (and up)
Earlier Chrysler 2.2/2.5 Liter 4- Cylinder Engine (meaning, not neon and such.)

I have it on a common block, with the common block waterpump housing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts