Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't looked at the current g-valve setup my Z has came with, but I hate the g-valve and don't trust the PO's work. I've been doing some reading and I think I have my setup drawn out right:

The arrows have labels saying "Arrow should be pointing towards the wastegate", so is my setup correct guys? Using just an ebay boost controller for now until I get something better, and hopefully this thing works problem free!

Any suggestions, cheesy paint program illustrations would help!

·
Registered
322 Posts
It doesn't look right to me, I don't think the BOV should be coming off the boost controller lines at all. Mine runs like this. My BOV runs off the intake vaccum port alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
i just hooked my mbc up about ten minutes ago, its the same exact one you have. The top nipple on the boost controller itself stays OPEN, the bottom one runs to the top of the red block that came in your kit. On the block, the arrow goes to the wastegate canister nipple, and the other side gets connected to the outlet nipple on the turbo housing right next to where the bottom intercooler hose connects to the turbo. Hope this helps, mine works great. Havent taken her on the freeway or anything, but it works good so far, still has 10psi completely closed tho.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
So i don't hook anything up to the nipple without the arrow?! I originally thought and read that it that way, then many other sources another lol

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure where the g-valve is from since the PO put it on, but it really seems pretty crappy quality.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
The "t" the arrow points to the wastegate. The red nipple goes to the vac line that goes to your wastegate solinoid. The opposet end goes to the bottom of the boost controller, the top nipple just vents to atmosphere.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I forgot yours has a second port on teh controller. Setup should look like this. You've got the cheap version of the turbosmart in cabin controller.
mbc.jpg

·
Registered
435 Posts
yea the top nipple on the bc itself stays open, vent to atmosphere. The bottom one goes to the top of the little red block, the arrow on the block goes to the wg can, and the other side of the block goes to the outlet nipple on the turbo housing.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
roademon does the turbo generate vac and boost or just boost?

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Thanks

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
This is the third way to hook up an MBC. Here is another one posted by midnighttoker;

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone, I just think my g-valve keeps untwisting itself for some reason. I don't need a filter or have to worry about something getting into the open nipple on the controller do I?

·
Legendary Driver
10,949 Posts
pics of your G-valve please. Easier to give advice if we're all on the same page as to what you're working with.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks everyone, I just think my g-valve keeps untwisting itself for some reason. I don't need a filter or have to worry about something getting into the open nipple on the controller do I?
Nope I believe it only vents out I don't think it can suck in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts