Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always, installations never go as planned.

I have the lower grill piece on, not too much of a problem.

However, I'm having problems with the upper portion.

First problem:
The enclosed instructions as well as those on PT Do It Yourself (http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptstullgrille.html )aren't helping much. I'm on step 11 of the PT DIY guide.

Basically, both say "attach the enclosed bracket" but no real help as to where.

Second problem:
where the upper "arms" of the grill are supposed to mount onto the factory holes, there is no way it'll fit the way it's shaped. I could probably bend it but doing that is always scary.

Anyone else have to bend this to get it to fit? This is step 13 of the guide.

One reason I went with Stull was the alleged ease of installation. :(

Can anyone who's done this give me some tips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I got the E&G horizontal billet grill for pric, then fit and it fit perfectly. There's a guy somewhere around town with a Stull that had difficulty putting it in...if no one else can help, I'll find him and help you if I can.

RN

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok - I found a hole at the bottom of the bracket and I think that issue is solved.

Still have the concern with the arm/tabs. I've slightly bent the right side and I have both sides mounted. Now the lower portions aren't quite in line. It appears that once the screw goes in the plastic around that hole will shift to fit but that's where the next concern lies.

Further, the instructions (OEM not PT DIY) say to trim the OEM washers, which pretty much has to be done as the washer will not fit between the baldes of the grill. I don't have the necessary tool at this moment to trim the washers and I really don't feel like running to the store right now, guess it'll have to wait until morning.

RN - thanks for the offer but I don't want to inconvenience you. Hoepfully one of the many Stull owners here at PTE (and I know there are some!) will check in between tonight and tomorrow morning.

Worst case - I put the OEM grill back on. Was just wanting to get it on while we had warm weather. Plus we've got a get-together tomorrow afternoon and I wanted to show it off. :D

·
Registered
571 Posts
I got a Stull and had the same problem and it never did fit right. I would have had to bend the upper bracket big time and decided I didn't want to do that so I sent mine back. The quality of the Stull has gone way down in the last year. The only way you will get it to fit is bend the bracket. Mine was sticking out on one side at the bottom and too far in on the other side at the top. I figured if i broke the bracket by bending it they would say it was my fault so I sent it back and got the Street Rod Grille. Good luck but you will have to bend it to make it fit x( x(

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Wow! When I put on my Stull grille about a year ago, I had absolutely no problem with the upper portion--it fit perfectly. The bottom portion was difficult, because of tight clearances. The quality was also top notch. I'd heard that the Stull beltline trim had developed quality problems and now it seems the grille has, too. Shame. Stull has a long-lived reputation for quality. I'd hate to seem them lose that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Just bought a Stull from Race and Street and read this thread on Sat. Got mine out of the box to try it, It fit good with a few adjustments. the only thing the edges of the bars were really sharp, will have to be filed down if I keep it. I really like the E & G Street Rod Grill.

Duck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts