Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I replace my LOG with the two piece intake. I'm starting from scratch with no type of pluming and no type of hoses. All of the vacuum hoses where taken off when I bought the car and when I tried to put them back I toasted a piston. So this is a problem I have the intake and don't know how to install it the right way. I need help please.....

· Legendary Driver
11,047 Posts
you have to take the turbo and the exhaust manifold off, then bolt the 2 piece intake on. You need 2 piece specific bolts or allen head bolts the same length as 2 piece bolts because they're longer than the log bolts. You'll need a 87 T2 or 88 Turbo up throttle body, Vacuum lines can be reworked easily enough. You have the matching or aftermaket fuel rail and right injectors correct??

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I have the stock injectors but I have a 3.0 TB and I need the under hood ecu cuz mine got wet if that is what you are talking about. The glue was cracked and somehow the rain got in there and now it doesn't work.

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well so far Ive had the car like four years and only put like twenty miles on it 15 of which was when I drove it home for the first time. so no big rush I just want to have all the stuff ready for when I start I can finish no questions asked.One part at a time.

· Registered
13,610 Posts
Read the all links I gave you. Those should be very helpful. They guided me to do my conversion just fine. I did it in three steps.

Build up the engine and transmission outside the car.
Wire the car while the engine and transmission it out.
Install hoses and intercooler after engine/transmission are in and wiring and computer are done.

In your case, I'd test the compression and make sure the bottom end is good. If it is, pull the head and install everything you need, set it aside. Do the wiring and computer, then, reinstall the head, and do the intercooler piping last.

As GLHNSLHT2 said, do not use the TI intake manifold's bolt on TII intake manifold, the TI bolts are just short enough to be thread on, but they will strip the threads out of the head as you tighten them. Don't ask me how I know. :bang head

Worthy the project at the end.

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,788 Posts
Gee, why does all this sound familiar? I did mine from a 2.6L to a TII using the two piece intake I was given. FWIW, the two piece factory fuel rail used the TI log injector harness and the log charge temp sensor wires reach just fine, it mounts in the far right port on the rear side. Once my son gets the integration straight on my website, I will post my documentation with links.

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I am serious about doing this and I want to do it this summer, I just want to make sure I have all my loose ends tied up so that I don't have allot of pieces laying around. I think all of you guys for your input because we need to keep these cars on the road. Its one of the first and last REAL American tuner cars. (it really gives me that fuzzes to spank a mustang/ any Honda.) The only bad thing is that I live in Indianapolis and no one drives a Dodge. and again I would like to thank everyone that has input, no book could cover what you guys know and thats just what I need.

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
with an older GLH or SC or any log car I like to add the wiring overlay and a GLHS type computer. Then just pull the head and change manifolding and the turbo. Then add SS lines to the turbo and a MP head gasket and back on it goes. Using the log wire harness as well, just not the fuel rail. Log turbos have a air temp sensor. A step farther is going all the way to 87 for a 3 bar map and big boost. But getting to T2 first and getting running for a bit is more important as your learning your way along.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.