Turbo Dodge Forums banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Which items use the 5/32 and which use the 7/32 tubing?
The fittings are 1/4 male npt to screw into the vacuum block, but what size should the barbs be? I have several with 1/8 barbs, but this seems too big.
TI 2.5 1989 turbo mini
Dennis in West Richland, WA

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
All of the lines coming off of my vacuum block are 5/32" and the barb is probably 3/16".
Vacuum line comes in 5/32" and 7/32"(1/8" = 4/32" and 3/16" = 6/32").
Did your fittings come with the vacuum block or did you buy them separately?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the vacuum manifold and I have a few 1/4 and 5/16 barb fittings left over from other projects. Looks like there are two or three different size devices that need vacuum connections. The outlet on the Grainger is really tiny. Maybe a 1/8?

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
My vehicle is all stock so 5/32" fits all of the solenoids.
Try vacuum line on it and see what size fits.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
This is why I am looking for detailed descriptions of how the vacuum block/lines were installed.

The VNT uses 4 lines on the turbo(no wastegate) and 3 VNT solenoids on the R/S strut tower/fender.
The T-1 only has 1 wastegate solenoid and 3 lines off the turbo, one of which is for the cruise control system and the pressure line on the turbo feeds the wastegate and wastegate solenoid.

The basics of using a vacuum block and running new lines would be the same although the routing is different.
The turbo set up on a T-1 is totally different than the T-2 and T-4.

88 T-1 Vacuum

HI- I didn't see #33 for 84/87 hookup. I'm confused on what to do with 85(no IC) sensors on either side of knock sensor. I am using 87 2.2 head and 1 piece intake. I followed Donavans DG #25 to install later turbo parts but no mention of sensors or vac hookups. Which vac diagram do I use? No A/C or emissions. Installing FMIC unit from scratch. Any space left between newer intake? I have seen so many enginepartial views of different setups but need advice on this change over. HELP Thanks TAKE CARE and GOD BLESS

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Not really sure what you mean Ted. There are no sensors next to the knock sensor. On the intake, you should only have wiring to the air charge sensor up in the middle of the plenum, the 4 injectors along the runners, and the knock sensor between injectors 2 and 3. What sensors or plugs are you trying to figure out?

As for what vacuum diagram to follow, figure out what year's engine you're trying to mimic. Since you have a 1-piece intake now. You should be able to follow the '88 diagram you quoted. Or use the '87 turbo 2 diagram.

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Does not matter which setup you are using, you need manifold vacuum from your vacuum block to the...
1)Baro Solenoid
2)Wastegate Solenoid
3)Fuel Pressure Regulator
4)Boost Gauge
(EGR and Purge Solenoid have been omitted since you said there are no emissions so you can also cap the ports on your throttle body since they are used for the
Evap system)

Then you need vacuum from the...
1)Baro Solenoid to the Map Sensor
2)Wastegate Solenoid to the Wastegate

!!!Some of these line require and Orifice or One Way Check Valve!!!

Vacuum to the...
1)Brake Booster comes from the rear of the intake(drivers side) and the following components are fed vacuum either from the booster check valve ports and/or the rear of the manifold
2)HVAC
3)Cruise Control
4)BOV(if equipped)

Your PCV system is connected to its own vacuum source, valve cover and fresh air tube running to the airbox

Here are pics of the 85-87 T-1 Solenoid Pack if that is what you are using.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f21/172362-log-t-i-solenoid-diagram-those.html

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
check post 188 from Naj. I have a t2 and use only four of the six I have. I also have everything hooked up so maybe that's some sort of a miracle. I have a tee in there somewhere too. I do have the fpr and map on one circuit through a tee for sure as I believe that was the factory intention as well as the best way to manage fuel to air.

·
Registered
111 Posts
check post 188 from Naj. I have a t2 and use only four of the six I have. I also have everything hooked up so maybe that's some sort of a miracle. I have a tee in there somewhere too. I do have the fpr and map on one circuit through a tee for sure as I believe that was the factory intention as well as the best way to manage fuel to air.

lol, not trying to doubt you i must have misread his post

whats the FBR ?

181 - 200 of 239 Posts