Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 60 of 239 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I deleted my vacuum block and moved it to the intake manafold.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok I am curious about what u guys are talking about when referring to "t1-4 and vnt's)
How do I determine what I have?
89 sundance 2.5 turbo!
At least this way I can feel a lil less clueless!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Also I need to clean up this vacuum and wiring nightmare! What u guys posted are some hella clean engine bays!!! I liked the wrinkled red stuff on the one engine bay!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
TI (non intercooled)
TII (intercooled 2.2 only)
Tiii (16v head 2.2 only)
Tiv (vnt 2.2 only)
The 2.5 was never intercooled from factory so even if yours is intercooled it would be a tI from factory

·
Registered
385 Posts
Let's say I get a vacuum block , how many ports should it be?
And are there any prefabbed ones to look at and ones to stay away for
? I seen some nice ones on eBay!!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Let's say I get a vacuum block , how many ports should it be?
To give everything it's own dedicated line I think the minimum is 5....

Boost gauge
fuel pressure regulator
evap canister
wastegate
MAP sensor

some cars have more, or if you add some extra things in there you could need more.

·
Administrator
10,166 Posts
Technically 4, here is the minimum

From intake -

- BARO Solenoid - MAP Sensor
- Wastegate Solenoid/MBC - Wastegate
- EVAP Solenoid - Evap Canister - TB
- Fuel Pressure Regulator

If Equipped -

- EGR Solenoid - EGR
- Boost Gauge

(most all intakes take vacuum pressure from the back to send to the brake booster, so this line is omitted)

Also, regardless of what MAP sensor you have, IT HAS to be hooked up to the solenoid. The Solenoid opens and closes constantly on a turbo car, which measures Barometric Pressure (for those who do not know, ambient air pressure) and adjusts fuel accordingly, so you do not destroy your car in lower elevations, or it turn into a turd at higher elevations.

TBI and normal FI cars only check BARO pressure once, before startup. This is why if you drove a car from the bottom of a mountain to the top, there would be a drastic difference in performance as your car rose in elevation. This is why they suggest shutting off your car every once in a while while traveling through mountains/high elevation changes.

·
Registered
385 Posts
So eBay ones are ok! I know some people don't approve of certain bay products!
And as far as how many ports, this car is a vacuum and wiring headache trying to figure out where things came from and are goin too!!!

41 - 60 of 239 Posts