Turbo Dodge Forums banner

101 - 120 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive read and heard you dont have to have everything thats there stock hooked up.
What can i eliminate?
Looking to go a lil faster
Also if i start ripping check valves and shit out is there a way to tell wherethey go back to? And which way they point?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Eliminating vacuum circuits will not make your car go any faster. Check valves are flat on one side and conical on the other, airflow is from the flat side to the conical side. Orifices can go either way, if given the choice I point mine so the direction of airflow pushes the little metal insert into the fitting, mark each size/color from where you removed it, if you need to reinstall it later. Eliminating orifices can create funky results, and will do nothing to make your car faster.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I am about to install a vac block on my 85 daytona, t2 swap. I will be getting a 3-bar in the mail soon with pigtail from FWDp and wiring it up, along with a stage5 87 cal. My questions are;
1. Do i need to have check valves or orifices between each item (ie; Boost gauge, map, etc.) and the vac block?
2. Will I run a line to the stock baro then map, or right to the 3 bar from the vac block?

·
Administrator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I am about to install a vac block on my 85 daytona, t2 swap. I will be getting a 3-bar in the mail soon with pigtail from FWDp and wiring it up, along with a stage5 87 cal. My questions are;
1. Do i need to have check valves or orifices between each item (ie; Boost gauge, map, etc.) and the vac block?
2. Will I run a line to the stock baro then map, or right to the 3 bar from the vac block?
All check valves and orifices need to be installed.
Check valves are installed in circuits where you do not want boost to enter.
Orifices are used to slow down the vacuum/boost to a component so it does not see full impact immediately.
You will need a vacuum diagram for the year/system you are running.
The vacuum source runs to the baro solenoid and then from baro to map.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
All check valves and orifices need to be installed.
Check valves are installed in circuits where you do not want boost to enter.
Orifices are used to slow down the vacuum/boost to a component so it does not see full impact immediately.
You will need a vacuum diagram for the year/system you are running.
The vacuum source runs to the baro solenoid and then from baro to map.
So, the stock 85 baro will cooperate with the 3-bar map? or do I have to scavenge a baro off of a 3-bar car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello, I recently purchased a Vac block off ebay for my 89 Voyager. I also just put a new motor in it that i purchased from another member. I have a question about connecting it.

Do i just connect the main feed line to the vac block to the line with the blue arrow or is that setup all wrong?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Some prefer to connect directly to the intake, but you can use a length of hose from the fitting on the intake to the vacuum block, no problem with that.
Look at the picture in post #8 on pg 1.

Your vacuum lines are routed wrong BTW, the pipe coming off the intake manifold is supposed to be routed to the PCV valve.

·
Administrator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I was wondering what you did with the old vacuum block and connections. I have an '87 and I purchased a new manifold and was wondering how I would go about hooking it up to my car. Any insight would be extremely appreciated.:bang head
The factory used a plastic vacuum harness with a hose on one end that attached to a nipple in the manifold.
The other end looks like an octopus with several plastic lines running to the vacuum devices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps I miss-typed, under the vacuum block there is four connections (they appear to be electronic, perhaps to the computer). I was wondering what to do with those connections. I don't want to disconnect them and have problems.

·
Administrator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
You must be referring to the 4 fuel injectors that go into the manifold with the fuel rail.
Those have to remain or the car will not run, it will have no fuel.

The only thing you are replacing with a vacuum block is vacuum lines, nothing electrical.
the new vacuum lines will run over top of the fuel rail, between the manifold and valve cover.

·
Administrator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
They are solenoids, you are not doing away with those either, just running new vacuum lines to them.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Underneath the ports, there are some wires (purple, pink, brown, etc.). What are those? :shrug:
They are wires that the computer uses to turn cycle the solenoid on /and off.

101 - 120 of 239 Posts