Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked thru MANY threads and can not find a sketch on how to use the stock intercooler and delete the airbox and go with a cone filter. I like midnight tokers setup but can't figure it out via pictures.

G

·
what i did is,i used the cone filter on the stock turbo pipe,the filter goes on the end of the hose that would normally connect to the airbox,then i used the blow off valve in place of the stock airbox IE the space that the airbox connected the hoses,i just stuck the BOV in between where the airbox was.the hose comes from the intercooler to the airbox,mine goes from the intercooler to one side of the BOV,then the other hose goes from the airbox to TB,mine goes from the other end of the BOV to the TB=done

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll probably do it this week or next. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for everything!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i doing same thing. only diff. is im not using a BOV. I actually cut the upper hard hose out of the air box and made it nice 2 look factory. take a look in my gallery. sux that i had 2 cut up a factory T2 air box but it looks very factory the way a did it.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm interested would you post a pic of your handy work?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
ok i emailed u pics of my set up. if u wanta post them b my guest. cant upload pics to site from my cell. hope it helps.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when you delete the airbox, what do you do with the hose that plugs into the air box then runs to the turbo? Leave it and us a small cone filter?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
The inlet to the turbo is where you install the cone filter. The outlet from the intercooler feeding the intake manifold you can run a straight pipe with a bov. Hopefully this helps

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
You can use ALL the stock hoses when you delete the airbox.

Step one- remove airbox
Step two - take airbox to autozone/auto parts stores
Step three - buy an exhaust pipe the same diameter of the airbox "upper" hose connectors
Step four - buy a cone filter that has a outlet near the size of the lower "turbo inlet" hose
Step five - buy an exhaust connector that adapts from the I.D. of the inlet hose, to the I.D of the cone filter

Step six - drive home and install

:thumb:

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
correct DR. JOHNY DODGE and thanks turismolover22 for your write up. Wished I would have posted this before I ordered my silicone hoses and good clamps.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can I assume that you used the cone filter for the turbo inlet and the cruise control. I my install a 3 port vacuum block to munge the turbo and cruise control so I only have to use the cone filter

·
Legendary Driver
10,949 Posts
Stock airbox isn't the problem. It's the 2.5" pipe that goes from the airbox to the turbo that's the restriction. The Turbo wants 3" pipe from your filter to your turbo. If you don't then you might as well keep the stock airbox.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts