Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i searched and didn't find anything of any use.. welll i did find out the easiest route to plumb in piping for an SRT4 intercooler which is the cooler im using. my question is what size piping? im thinking 2.5" to still leave me some spool up. im runing 2" right now and i have basically no flow lol. and another thing what do all the people that have put the SRT4 cooler on there ride think about the effects it made to the car? power wise mostly.? i was told by cindy that a better flowing intercooler would send me alot better track times and alot more power. and i knwo ebay sells the piping but is there anyone on here that owns a garage that can bend me some pipe from what you used so i can get kind of a direct fit? thanks! :confused:

Devin-

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was going to run 2.5" but I ended up using a combination of 2.25" from the turbo to intercooler and 2.5" from intercooler to throttle body. 2.5" is a pretty close fit around the turbo outlet and the corner of the cylinder head but I am sure there are plenty of people on here running ful 2.5".

·
Registered
709 Posts
i dont have an srt-4 IC, but i have a front mount and im running full 2.5". took kinda a long time to figure stuff out, and the pipe from turbo to IC was a PAIN. got it to fit but i HATE having to take it out if i need to do any work in there. the rest was cake.... as long as you dont mind cutting your car haha. i built the car at work and the guys at work kept asking where all the big pieces of metal are comming from.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol thats funny. i just built a custom hood for my car so im not a virgin to sheet metal sacrifice.

but i was thinking an ebay piping kit? or would a exhaust pipe i/c kit be better?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to run 2.5" but I ended up using a combination of 2.25" from the turbo to intercooler and 2.5" from intercooler to throttle body. 2.5" is a pretty close fit around the turbo outlet and the corner of the cylinder head but I am sure there are plenty of people on here running ful 2.5".
that shit is hawt btw!

·
Registered
709 Posts
i was thinking an ebay piping kit? or would a exhaust pipe i/c kit be better?
mine is an ebay kit. all aluminum, 2 of everything.. straight, 90, 45, and some other angle bent ones. i only used half the kit. if i knew where the rest of the stuff was, i'd help you out but my parts room (a.k.a. my cellar) is such a mess idk where anything is anymore. i ended up throwing away the cheap couplers it came with though. they kept slipping off and were just a pain.. i spent good money on all Vibrant couplers and reducers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the comment, mine is Vibrant mandrel bends and ATP silicone connectors and t-bolt clamps. At the time I did mine there wasn't alot of kits out there you can defintely do it for cheaper then I did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts