Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gettin a larger intercooler to mount in front of my radiator and has the in/out at either end. What would be the best way to plumb it?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
There's probably only a couple ways realistically. Both involve bringing the far end plumbing back toward the drivers side. You can do this in the engine bay by running the plumbing over to the passenger side and out the radiator support ... or, move the radiator over to the passenger side as far as possible and run both pipes straight out the drivers side radiator support. You'll be picking up the far side tank over the top (or bottom) of the IC out in front then.

Either way, I'd make the passenger side tank the turbo in side.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be the list of everything as far as the plumbing goes, starting at the end the throttle body and going backwards, im haveing a case of the mondays.
does the hose go out from the out on the turbo, to the IC, then to the tb?

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 14 X 20 X 3 row IC with 2.5" in/out at either end

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 12 x 20 x 3 core, with the in/outs at either end sticking strait out not 90'd like that cummins IC
BTW thanks for the pics :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You will much better off to install the IC and then figure out what you are going to need to finish the install. I tried to plan ahead on mine and I bought some couplers and stuff and I ended up not needing the stuff I got. Atleast get the cooler in place right where you want it and then go from there.

·
Legendary Driver
10,944 Posts
If you need to figure out what bends to get (if you want to do silicone bends) then the airbox to TB hose from 3.0 V6 chryslers works great. You can cut it to shape and 87-88's are 2.5" all the way through. The 89+ neck down right at the throttle body which I use to mount to the turbo and the stock TB. I use them every day on the cold side but they only last about a year on the hot side. But it was great to use as a templete for my custom silicone hoses.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody have any pics of a T2 stock ic setup?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts