Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I was thinking about setting up a intercooler sprayer for my daily car, and spray washer fluid...or just water

anyone else use one? just wondering what your thoughts are. I don't want to spend much on this car, it is my daily driver/winterbeater and want to keep it reasonably relaible, thinking 16psi on the mitsu

· Registered
538 Posts
I don't see why it shouldn't help, does you cooler actually get pretty warm?
If there's any air speed across it then water would definitely do the job of cooling it, winter washer fluid even more so. N2O or CO2 seems like a waste, and a PIA to refill for little gain.

Water/alky injection would be a better bet.
That would be even better!

· Registered
1,476 Posts
I ran a water sprayer one summer for drag racing. it didnt do anything for peak power, but damn did it help keep things consistent.

· Premium Member
9,142 Posts
I think its a good low-$$ idea.. hard to predict how well it will work, but I highly doubt it would hurt...

I plan to use my windshield washer bottle, pump, and the "squirters" to direct the spray onto the front of my SRT/4 IC

and use windshield washer fluid + ice ; or rubbing alcohol + water + ice

prolly rig it to a microswitch (to engage at WOT) or a Hobbs switch (to engage at a certain psi boost)

· Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if it gets warm I just installed a stock t2 intercooler into a t1 car(wifes 4 door auto acclaim) along with a boost increase to 13psi, and removed the cat.

then lost 3rd gear...and blew a turbo seal so now I have to spend money on it anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.