Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just performed a VIP report and got a copy of the factory build sheet with the option codes for my red Spirit R/T that my dad and I bought from Cindy in 2006, and the info is as follows:

Build Date: November 9, 1990, hour 23
In-Service Date: November 14, 1990
In-Service Odometer: 0 miles
Selling Dealer: 82005 - Chrysler LLC, Orion Township, MI

Warranty Info:
ALL COMPANY EMPLOYEE LEASE VEHICLES. FULL COVERAGE 42 MONTHS/UNLIMITED MILEAGE (INCLUDES MAINTENANCE)

Interesting Build Sheet Entries
YALA Executive Lease Program (see warranty info)
YBBA Tag Instructions
YGAA Without Billable Fuel
1ASS U.S. Miscellaneous Special <-- :confused:
115S Zone 15-Chrysler Corporation-Misc
3AGA Price Protection - Code G
4AS Product Evaluation Vehicle
4BAA Company Car Tracking
4E1 Assembly Plant Tracking
4HB Special Scheduling Condition II

Anybody have any idea what most of these codes mean? I searched the website and only found info on 4BAA (car was owned by Chrysler and not sold through a dealership when new)...

Also, since the car was put into service by Chrysler 5 days after being built (with 0 miles instead of maybe a few to a dozen), and being put under an "executive lease program", was this car possibly driven and/or owned by someone quite high in the corporate ladder (seems like they'd be the people to get such a warranty)?

· Registered
109 Posts
sounds like you got a "COPO" car... ordered and built specificly for corporate use...

a buddy of mine has a Saturn Redline like that... its lacking a few things that were "standard" on all the other models of that year... no sunroof... no wing... just basic radio... his was owned by corporate until he bought it.

· Registered
768 Posts
I think that I might have an idea...

"4AS Product Evaluation Vehicle"

means that this car was on of the first run through the assembly line, and was used to probably tune in the equipment and make sure that everything was working...maybe even used for some kind of testing/verification. Because of this, Chrysler didn't want to sell the vehicle at a dealer because it's wasn't production intent. There wasn't anything "wrong" with the car, but for warrenty reasons, and just basic fit and finish, and some thing may have been out of spec or something. So instead of throwing it away, it was probably registered to Chrysler and kept as a company car.

This kind of thing is somewhat common, because the other alternative is to scrap out the car because it's non-production intent. Other times these cars can be sent out to Tier 1 suppliers and such as "fitting" vehicles and for test fixtures, or whatever else they need. Sometimes these car are destroyed when they are done, other times not. It really matters how close of an eye that someone at chysler is keeping on it. Often with the big three, it's not that close at all, lol.

· Banned
3,531 Posts
pvp cars: 1st built, used for testing, resliability and driveability.

executive lease cars: cars that were leased to corporate executives for personal vehicles

my 91 spirit r/t is an executive lease car, it was driven for 39,630 miles by a chrysler executive and then bought off a public dodge lot in 2/13/95 by the guy i bought it from.

i just sold a r/t that was an Export O.M.S.C. U.S. Spec car which was built/ordered by a active military person and sent overseas.

i found out all this from rick who ran a vip for me, if you want to decipher it, i suggest you talk to the man!

· Banned
3,531 Posts
also, i dont think most fully assembled cars are scrapped by the company. my dad has worked at some huge design facilitys and the cars there were raw sheet metal bodies. they dont put engines and paint on cars that are being fitted for sunroofs, doors, etc.

i have also seen some prototype and production cars that were cutaway models in warhoops junkyard.

· Registered
669 Posts

· Premium Member
110 Posts
I just performed a VIP report and got a copy of the factory build sheet with the option codes for my red Spirit R/T that my dad and I bought from Cindy in 2006, and the info is as follows:

Build Date: November 9, 1990, hour 23
In-Service Date: November 14, 1990
In-Service Odometer: 0 miles
Selling Dealer: 82005 - Chrysler LLC, Orion Township, MI

Warranty Info:
ALL COMPANY EMPLOYEE LEASE VEHICLES. FULL COVERAGE 42 MONTHS/UNLIMITED MILEAGE (INCLUDES MAINTENANCE)

Interesting Build Sheet Entries
YALA Executive Lease Program (see warranty info)
YBBA Tag Instructions
YGAA Without Billable Fuel
1ASS U.S. Miscellaneous Special <-- :confused:
115S Zone 15-Chrysler Corporation-Misc
3AGA Price Protection - Code G
4AS Product Evaluation Vehicle
4BAA Company Car Tracking
4E1 Assembly Plant Tracking
4HB Special Scheduling Condition II

Anybody have any idea what most of these codes mean? I searched the website and only found info on 4BAA (car was owned by Chrysler and not sold through a dealership when new)...

Also, since the car was put into service by Chrysler 5 days after being built (with 0 miles instead of maybe a few to a dozen), and being put under an "executive lease program", was this car possibly driven and/or owned by someone quite high in the corporate ladder (seems like they'd be the people to get such a warranty)?
My red r/t has many of these same codes. I think it was built in september or october if i remember correctly. My selling dealer was Daimler Chrysler Test, the dealer # 93004. I think it was in Orion township MI as well. I would love to know the history of these cars, what they were used for, and who drove them.

I will have to go home and find my vip report and compare my codes.

· Registered
4,874 Posts
I dont know, I think there are a few of us that could give the engineers a good run for there money. :D lol

· Registered
4,874 Posts
:D We do good work. lol

· RIP
1,361 Posts
how do you get a vip report? How about a copy of the factory window sticker? Thanks
Take your registration/title (for proof of ownership) to your local Dodge Dealership Parts Guy, give him the Vin# and ask him to run you a VIP report. It will tell you everything that was put on the car at the factory. Usually 2 to 3 page report.
Then go over to the Service Dept., give them the Vin# and ask them to run a Warranty History report. This will tell you everything that was done to your vehicle under warranty and WHERE it was performed.

I have never found a place to get a duplicate Window Sticker.

· Registered
2,217 Posts
I dont know, I think there are a few of us that could give the engineers a good run for there money. :D lol
Maybe. I've seen a prototype AWD Caddy on it's side after snow/ice skidpad testing. Too bad the good stuff underneath was all blocked out in the pics. :( I wouldn't push my own stuff that far since I'd be footing the repair bill. :thumb:

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Take your registration/title (for proof of ownership) to your local Dodge Dealership Parts Guy, give him the Vin# and ask him to run you a VIP report. It will tell you everything that was put on the car at the factory. Usually 2 to 3 page report.
Then go over to the Service Dept., give them the Vin# and ask them to run a Warranty History report. This will tell you everything that was done to your vehicle under warranty and WHERE it was performed.

I have never found a place to get a duplicate Window Sticker.
FYI: If the parts person will run the VIP he/she can also do the warranty history on the same screen as it is all integrated. ;)

If the dealer is running StarParts that prints a little nicer option report. :thumb:

As for window stickers, they can be printed for current model year vehicles only. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.