Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I am back to the drawing board again with my Turbo 3, the idler relocate mod was preformed, new pump and shaft and bearings, tensioned it with the gauge everything seemed fine. Started up had good pressure car drove great made boost. After about 5 hours of my mechanics and dad driving the car then bringing it to my new house I get in the car and it shears the gears in the pump again....makes no damn sense. So my question does anyone have any other options or hints, id even buy the double tensioner setup I heard about if this will fix the problem. The two mechanics working on the car are very good and are stumped as to why my car keeps breaking the pump gears when numerous other spirits have the same mod and no problems. This will be the fourth oil pump and 2nd shaft I will be trying. Im not letting this car beat me.

Thanks,
Ben Nelson

·
Holset Booster
3,536 Posts
Im guessing the belt was tensioned without getting all the "belt slack" where the gauge reads and when it is done that way and you think you have 95 ft/lbs you are actually closer to 45 and thats a bad number to be at. put it back together and pull the cam toward each other and check what you get for a reading. Or better yet if you havent pulled it apart yet check it that way right now and report back...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts