Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Sharon, but go by Sue.
I'm a newbie here (& in using forums) in need of some help, please!
I have a 92 Dodge Daytona IROC, 3.0 (non-turbo), automatic w/OD.
Problem is Code # 37, will not go thru shifting sequence (electronic shift)
Any info on this or where to go will be greatly appreciated. My hubby is the mechanic~I M♥SS MY CAR!
Thanks, Sue

·
Administrator
25,306 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

The Code 37 is Torque Converter PTU(Part Throttle Unlock)Solenoid Circuit.
When the A604 controller detects a trans problem it goes into "limp mode" and will stay in 2nd gear.
There may also be other trans codes set but you need a scanner to access the trans controller to retrieve them.

I am going to contact Bobby(Knigtmoves)who is in charge of the 3.0L section and Tim(Charger R/T)who is an extremely knowledgeable member who also lives in Avon Park to see if they can offer more assistance.

I am going to send you the diagnostics for Code 37 thru PM(Private Message)

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
a good place to start would be to replace the shift solenoid with the new updated design here is a link for the correct part....

A604 Switches & solenoids | Transmission Parts by Bulkpart

once this is done having the dealer reflash the trans computer with the updates will help a great deal too! the solenoid often gets cooked by high temps that the computer reads as normal. so installing a external trans cooler is a must with most Chrysler products. the cooler in the radiator is small and really does a sucky job at cooling! hope this helps! also please checkout our 3.0 section! if you post you 3.0 questions there we will see it faster!

3.0 Turbo and NON-Turbo - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

·
Vroom vroom.
452 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Welcome Sue.

You don't happen to live near the back roads to Sebring do you? Very rare to see a Daytona here. But I have heard of one on the back roads to Sebring.

How did you get the code 37? Does someone you know have a scanner? According to Jan's chart it would be internal.

I live off of main street in Avon Park. I also have 2 3rd gen daytonas
Tim

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info so far!! He's still in the process of checking things out. Has found some corroded connections.

Here is what he said happened.....started car & it ran for a sec or 2 then quit. Found that problem was fuel pump relay. Replaced that & everything was okay. upon returning home he noticed that the fan motor hadn't kicked on when it should have, that was due to the connection. No, didn't overheat. Anyway, he decided to clean & replace battery cable ends. The next morning I got in car, started it up, put in R, backed up, put in D, went down driveway (10mph or slower) got out on road & found that car wasn't shifting. Nursed it back home. He then did the ignition fault code (no scanner)...at first it read #12, #33, #35 & #37. Now it reads (flashes) out #12 & #37.

I'm passin' on the info to him & hopefully it's not the tranny, it was rebuilt in '07, but there's not that many miles on it.

Thanks again......I'll be back to check on any posts....thanks!! ; )

·
Administrator
25,306 Posts
You will need to find someone with a scanner to access the trans control module for trans fault codes and possibly perform a re-learn procedure.
You need the CCD Bus Cable to access the Trans Controller.
Could be the controller got amnesia after the battery disconnect, in 36 years of being a tech I have seen stranger things.

Did you get in touch with Tim(charger R/T) to see how close you are to him?
If you were in N.J. I would be more than happy to connect a scanner and see whats going on.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
as Jan posted keyed codes are engine only. Trans codes need a scanner. Many small issues will cause limp mode in the trans. I sent a PM a few days ago. I do have a scanner and FSM for the A604.
Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Jan, appreciate it. I sent out a PM to Tim the other day, doesn't look like he got it & I can't locate it. Will message him again. At least my Shadow is getting some ride time & the weather is right for it.
Thanks again!

Thanks Tim, I sent a PM or a reply couple of days ago. Where we lived & phone #. I can't find message now. I'll send another...would be great if you could get with my hubby on this.

I appreciate all the help & info guys, you'll are great!!
THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
got your PM we are about 6.5 miles apart. Let me see what my son and me are doing.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Went over and met with Sue and Shane. Nice people. The car has some issues but looks good. I am wondering its history. Shane has found a great deal of corrosion issues and we found more today. The buss line is down or it has module issues. The scanner powered up off the data connection but was unable to communicate with the trans computer or the body computer. I did have my service manuals but got stuck on a tool shortage. We did verify the trans computer is getting it keyed power and both grounds but the harness connector has a good bit of corrosion. My son and I had to leave to meet up with my wife but Shane has some work to do.

Does anyone know if in 92 you could get a 3.0 with the OD trans or the 3 speed trans either here or in Canada? The engine computer is shooting a 37 that I believe is a 3 speed lock up code. The car is a 4speed OD. The computer does not auto ID correct but the module info does show it is a 92 fed emissions computer. My guess its a used computer from a 92 with a 3 speed car or a reman that didn't get the vin set in it correctly.

Sue Maybe its time to start a thread on this in another section to get more minds on it. Its not currently a 3.0 issue but either a module or wiring issue. I would think the engine management section might be the best place since the computer guys stalk it. I see this right now as an electrical issue more then anything.
Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tim,
Thanks so very much for coming over & helping us out. It's greatly appreciated, as well as your knowledge & special tools. It's not everyday that you meet folks like you. I'll have to get over & meet your wife.

I'll start a new thread as suggested & use your post as well.

Thanks again, Sue

1 - 17 of 17 Posts