Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
you sure as hell better have +40's, 3bar map, and a calibration. Open exhaust will help a lot too. BTW a 2.5 with a 2.2 head is still a 2.5 engine, the 2.2 and 2.5 share the same head

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
MIKE my advise is to not try this until you have someone who is experienced with these issues look over your shoulder as you prepare your engine. there's a lot to do and many factors to consider.....but it can, and has, been done plenty of times.....do not rely soley on posting here, you need a knowledgeable person hands-on. good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
noone in my city knows anything about turbos and shops want big dollars to hook stuff like this up its my daily driver and my project.im not going to do anything intill i get the go ahead from someone on here.i hear what your saying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can i get some tips and some parts to buy that will hold that much boost.im most likely just going to pay a shop to do it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Read the turbo database on Donovan's Dodge Garage Then read it again.

20+ PSI on what you have:

Assumption: You have a '87 or newer blowthrough setup with stock IC.

1.) Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
2.) Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (not 100% necessary, but it helps)
3.) +40 fuel injectors
4.) 3-bar MAP sensor
5.) Computer calibrated for 3-bar MAP and +40's
6.) A good way to monitor air/fuel A/F gauge + EGT or wideband
7.) Free flowing exhaust

I have an '86 shortblock (light weight rods, high mileage) with a slightly ported 782 head, 2-piece intake, the above modifications, stock T2 turbo, stock IC and I run 20 psi regularly. I've had it up to 25 psi, but above 20 there isn't much advantage with the stock turbo and IC. Now, this doesn't promise that you won't destroy things. I have burnt pistons at only 14 psi before. It's all about knowing what to watch for and staying away from detonation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts