Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! My son and I bought a 93 Shadow 2.2 n/a. We had plans of making it a CSX clone for his 1st car while keeping it non-turbo for a while. He has since found a Daytona he would rather have, "it looks cooler" is his reasoning. Oh well. Today, an associate of mine mentioned that he is selling his 93 Caravan that has the 3.3 in it. He just wants it gone. He said that it wouldn't turn over and replacing the typical things didn't fix the problem. I am not sure what the issue is but lets pretend that the motor and trans is good. Can it fit in a 93 Shadow automatic? If so, what should I look out for as possible hurdles? Or, is it to labor intensive and I should just pass on this idea?
Thanks everyone.
Canty

BTW, I read through the sticky of doing a 3.3 swap into a Daytona. Shouldn't they be the same? I mean, I can take a 2.2/2.5 from a Daytona and put it into a Shadow, so if a 3.3 will go into a Daytona I would assume it would work in a Shadow. But I hate to assume...

·
Premium Member
8,949 Posts
yes the shadow is an EEK = K-car variant,

as is the daytona, and the dynasty/imperial which of course had the 3.3/3.8

easy swap, but you will be (most likely) bringing the 4-spd ultradrive along with it ?
that is usually the weak link of high mileage minivans ;)
altho it's a nice trans when working properly..

if yu find the 5-spd trans from a 2.7 stratus r/t then yu can do a 3.3 or 3.8 5-spd ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good. I searched the net and could not find a Shadow/3.3 swap article. So my next question is since both vehicles are 93, is it a plug and play with regards to the wiring harness? I assume that using the vans computer is a requirement since I will use the motor and trans from the van, but will the Shadows gauges work correctly with the vans wiring harness.

Thanks guys.
Canty

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Thats good. I searched the net and could not find a Shadow/3.3 swap article. So my next question is since both vehicles are 93, is it a plug and play with regards to the wiring harness? I assume that using the vans computer is a requirement since I will use the motor and trans from the van, but will the Shadows gauges work correctly with the vans wiring harness.

Thanks guys.
Canty
If it's anything like my van was, you will need the whole engine bay harness from the 3.3L vehicle. The 3.0/4cyl vehicles did not have some of the required plugs/wiring for the trans.

You will need the engine computer and engine harness. The trans computer and trans harness. The engine bay harness.

Without the engine bay harness you will be SOL (ask me how I know).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts