Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 91 Daytona C/S rides so bad that my whole car make wierd noises inside because it rides so bad and hard. I knew the suspension was bad, so i bought a brand new Gabriel gas struts only for front and left the rear alone as they were good. I used my stock springs. Still with a new strut i dont see a different, it still ride so stiff that i cant even run over a small piece of stone. It used to be very nice inside but now because of those bumps and cracks on the road, now interior makes noise. So i just wanna know are Daytonas suppose to be this stiff,its worse than my brother's G35 and he got the sport package for it.

· Registered
269 Posts
Hrm, Well I would have to say yes also. I just went and picked up my 2nd daytona tonight. Its got konis all around and eibach 2801's and it seems to ride stiffer than my 85 with 2804's and konis. I think its because of lower profile tires vs the stock on my 85. They creak and ride like a sheet of plywood IMO but I love it haha :thumb: Worst thing is the creaks which I hope to fix with foam and what not...

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I dont mind sacrificing handling because i dont need it here, car would still turn. But these noises gets me headache and because of this i dont drive it to work at all, the bridge im passing is hell for this car (government get taxes from us and they dont fix these streets :bash:)

· Registered
768 Posts
venom800tt said:
government get taxes from us and they dont fix these streets
Try moving to Michigan...

We are currently in our own mini depression, and our roads show it. I imagine it's similar to driving in the Former USSR, lol. Not long ago a lady was driving her car in Grand Rapids and hit a pot hole so big it blew her bags! LOL

Yeah, the ONE time that I got to drive my Daytona, I noticed that it was really stiff. I love it!

Also, did the CS and Shelby Z have stiffer suspension then the regular Daytonas... maybe switch to regular Daytona Springs??

· Banned
432 Posts
PA has the 2nd or 3rd worst roads in the USA. It's bad. Few days ago I hit a pothole on interstate 83 (part of the ''capitol beltway'') that was so big my head hit the roof. Didn't see it coming as I was riding the person in front of me a little too close, but it was high traffic time so I had too. I'm just glad I was in the work truck rather than my shadow, might have bottomed out the car and ripped the exhaust off or something!

· Registered
497 Posts
I had an '87 Shelby T2 car that I bought brand new. It was stiff from the get-go. I remember reading a road test that said the car had the 'competition' suspension which they felt meant that it would jar the fillings loose in your teeth. Potholes were painful. But it would go around corners like it was on rails.

I guess the standard non-turbo Daytonas rode softer but the performance stuff was stiff. Bill

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
I bought my car new and have been chasing interior panel creaks and rattles since day 1
The car is completly stock but switching to a H rated tire instead of V rated will help some.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
+1 on stereo too ;) Yeah when im getting tired of the creaks, i put my Trance cd and the noise is gone. Where should i look to see what rating of tire i got. I got H beside 89 im not sure if thats the rating and i got some S on with something else :eek: Where is it located?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.