Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to swap in a turbo 2.5 or 2.2 into a neon and if so what do i need extra to do it. i got a shelby daytona that is not good but does have a running engine in need of a top end rebuild and a 96 neon in need of a good drive train and both are atxs. so can it be done and can i run the turbo engine with the stock turbo computer into the neon while having the neon computer there for bodily functions it does or do i have to go to megasquirt to make it work. thanks for the help.

· Registered
3,600 Posts
is it possible to swap in a turbo 2.5 or 2.2 into a neon and if so what do i need extra to do it. i got a shelby daytona that is not good but does have a running engine in need of a top end rebuild and a 96 neon in need of a good drive train and both are atxs. so can it be done and can i run the turbo engine with the stock turbo computer into the neon while having the neon computer there for bodily functions it does or do i have to go to megasquirt to make it work. thanks for the help.
anything can be done with enough skills and problem solving abilities. if you have neither, then $ will do it. i put a 2.2 on a vw trans axle, installed a 2300 ford into a chevy vega, just put a 2.2 into a conquest and used a ford 5speed trans grafted to a dakota bellhousing. years ago i installed a buick nail head into a 52 ford, then there's a 79 pinto cruising wagon i stuffed a 289 ho in. then there was a 74 merc capri that received a small block chevy... i've got a few more examples

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.