Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92 2.5l turbo Daytona has some problems. She gets me around as my DD, but more and more things are going wrong this winter.

So a few weeks ago oil shot through my filler cap and made a mess of my engine compartment. I cleaned everything up did an oil/filter change and it hasn't happened again, though I feel my oil pressure is higher than it was before winter hit. While I was messing around under the hood I checked my air filter and found quite a bit of oil in there and even more collecting underneath the housing. After searching the forums I decided to check my PCV valve. I started to disconnect it and noticed that there is a lot of play from the valve itself in the grommet. I can wiggle it around and lift it up and down about a quarter of an inch without exerting any pressure at all. Is this normal or do I have a broken valve?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. The valve itself I've found, but I imagine I should change out the grommet as well. Aside from is there anything else specific I should check?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think while I'm at it I'll install a catch can. Does anybody know this manufacturer? Also are K&N filters worth the premium price on a daily driver?

This is the one I got and its pretty easy to install. The only thing I had to do is take off the nipples and make the holes going into the can bigger because they were pretty small. Other than that, I am glad I bought it after seeing all the crap that would have gone into my intake.

They sell different colors too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the one I got and its pretty easy to install. The only thing I had to do is take off the nipples and make the holes going into the can bigger because they were pretty small. Other than that, I am glad I bought it after seeing all the crap that would have gone into my intake.

They sell different colors too.
That looks very similar to what I ended up ordering. Except it cost me 40 euro and the inlet/outlet nipples are at an angle. (Everything is more expensive here:bang head)

Now I have to wait on parts. I still have to figure out my ABS problem and my temp problem though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A small update. My old PCV valve wasn't broken and it was still sucking air. I changed it out a long with my filter and and it doesn't seem to be spewing oil anymore. I drove her pretty hard yesterday for four or five hours and the filter is still clean so hopefully that was it. I ordered a new valve cover to make pretty and re-RTV the baffle just in case.

One thing I did notice is that the T shaped grommet is split where it goes over the VC nipple. The prior owner smeared it with silicon and a zip tie. For a late model Daytona is this the same PN as the one mentioned by NAJ in this thread? I'd like to get another hose that connects the grommet to the airbox, but I can probably rig something for that one.

This is the airbox I have

I decided not to use the catch can since they aren't exactly legal over here.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I'll change it to correct for that.Check with your local dealer they may have it in stock. I think is was NAJ (Jan) that scorred with 3 at his local dealer and snagged all the up at once. If not try;
Mopar Parts Catalog

Dennis

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the local Chrysler Dealer basically doesn't want to deal with me. They sold two Daytona's back in the 80's and have no interest in them what so ever. I'll try to find them here some where. International shipping doesn't make sense on such small items.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
MY BUST. I forgot to look. Your right about the shipping.

Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys,

first, I now this is an old topic, but i want to react on this.

I bought the red daytona of german guy Teh.nothing. the previous owner had bought it from him and transported the car to the Netherlands.
So by searching some things about turbo daytonas i found this topic.
Teh nothing mensioned about a broken pvc valve and oil pressure(blowby crankcase), maybe the pvc valve is broken, BUT with basic mechanics the problem is found..

compression check:
cilindre 1,3 and 4 = 90psi
CILINDER 2 = 60 PSI!! first stroke and second stroke also 60psi

also a symptom to much pressure in the radiator.

So conclusion is a blown head gasket at cilinder 2 or maybe a crack in the head.To be sure the pvc valve isn't broken, I orded a new one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts