Turbo Dodge Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Man does that bring back memories.. haha that’s going to be awesome!
Thanks bro! Really appreciate that! Sadly I have to wait until summer because of the cold and because I'm graduating from college in 4 months. She'll be wayyyyyyyyy prettier after restoration.

I saw your video a while back and I just wanna say really awesome job with the build man! What engine did your car have originally have? My car has a fuel injected 2.5 engine from an 89 Aries and it gets wayyyyyyyy better fuel economy and lower emissions, my dad also slapped on heavy duty brakes and switched it to a 5 bolt pattern too.

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Could you make a case that if you own a really nice old Mopar like a hot looking GLH or Aries the cops won't see any reason to harass you because they know that you care about your car?
I've never had problems with police personally, but I live in Nova Scotia, Canada so the authorities may behave differently than where a lot of other members are. They tend not to care about enthusiasts or hot cars unless they have a good reason to. Been driving my Daytona Shelby for 7 years now, I even drove a Velocity Yellow w/ black racing stripes Chevy S10 with an aggressive exhaust for 10 years. Only got pulled over once, for being stupid making a big smoke show - 100% my fault ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've never had problems with police personally, but I live in Nova Scotia, Canada so the authorities may behave differently than where a lot of other members are. They tend not to care about enthusiasts or hot cars unless they have a good reason to. Been driving my Daytona Shelby for 7 years now, I even drove a Velocity Yellow w/ black racing stripes Chevy S10 with an aggressive exhaust for 10 years. Only got pulled over once, for being stupid making a big smoke show - 100% my fault ;)
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :)

Here in USA, if you own a Ferrari or a Lambo you are 80 times more likely to get harassed by the cops than if you own a GLH. One time I was with my family and we got harassed by a small town cop over a "broken license plate", thankfully my dad got off with a warning. I have never been harassed by the cops and I don't plan on letting that happen, by not owning some super exotic car the odds of getting harassed are pretty low.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Let me ask you this, is it really worth stopping somebody over a "broken license plate light"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hallo, 23 y/o TD enthusiast here. Me personally, I think I'll be driving/into TD's until I can't turn the key, and hope to inspire the next generation to do the same, I have had a 92 Daytona ES in my garage I've been casually fixing up, that was SUPPOSED to be my first car but despite only putting 30 miles on the thing since I got it (much more wrong with it than promised, but it was gifted so 🤷‍♂️) , I am in love with the thing and intend to keep it to the end. I think our shared hobby/passion will remain relatively niche, but as long as there's those among us who carry the proverbial torch for these cool and sometimes quirky cars, it's going nowhere. People appreciate these cars a lot more than we think, I feel like. At my day job I end up having a few really neat conversations with people who share their fun stories, and wish they hadn't gotten rid of theirs or what have you. Heck there's a guy whose house I can see out the window who has I think an 87? tona he rolls out in the summer time. Just my .02 , TD on comrades!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The hobby looks alive with young people to me, here and on Facebook. There are tons and tons of older folks I come across in STL that don't even get on the internet much. Some young folks that don't have facebook too. Keep up the good work. It's up to all of us to drive the cars so people can see and be inspired by them.

-Mark Lucas

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well to lift your spirits up a bit, I'm 21 and purchased a 1985 Shelby Charger a few years ago in Idaho (It was featured on BarnFinds.com) this last summer I finally started putting some effort into getting it running and let me tell you, It has been a wonderful experience, although difficult and frustrating digging threw the 3+ repair manuals I have, as well as scouring this website but every problem solved is a celebration. I finally got it on the road last month it one of the most fun vehicles I've ever driven, but alas it is still rife with issues. intermittent run-ability issues, decaying vacuum lines and janky repairs from previous owners. Recently the signal wire from my starter roasted itself 40 miles away from home, Thank god for AAA. Well this weekend my agenda is to fix the wiring and install a vacuum block to hopefully get her on the road again. I wouldn't have made it this far without your help nor will I ever finish it with out TD forms help.

TD enthusiasm may be dying but not in Nampa, Idaho. Only thing that is going to stop the Charger from being fixed and put back on the road is Fire, Crash or an act of God.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Always keep an extinguisher in your cars guys. Fires in these cars are no joke. We have been very lucky over the years. Out of like 25 cars we've only ever had one fire.(It started while we were standing there on the side of the road with the hood open. No extinguisher, but got it put out with bottles of water right away.) Turbo, TBI, carbed. The chance is always there.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts