Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright now, I havent had a carb car since my 83 shelby carger which got totalled over a year ago. Now after a year and some time I'm trying to get my dads '84 rampage up and running again with the 3000 mile engine that was in my SC.

Is the 32/36 really worth the money as a performance upgrade because my full weight SC ran 16.1 @ 89-91 on the holley, virtually stock other than a cheap 2.25 inch side exit, MP spark computer, and a few small tweaks when rebuilding it. I was still on the holley and at 12^ base timing and the car made around 110 whp at around 145 ft-lbs at the wheels if my memory is right.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
it's no really much of a performance upgrade, just a better carb all around and easier to tune. if you HAVE to replace your holley and dont want to make modifications or spend the time and money on a list full of upgrades then get the weber.

·
Registered
157 Posts
go with the weber, easier to tune, less problems, better availability of parts plus you can buy a complete carb for like 200 bucks, i did the swap to my rampage, and honestly i favor it over the holley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts