Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Is this a rip off?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  The Pope 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Just wondering.

#4 ·
Snake oil.......

It's a capacitor bank, the theory being that if your ignition system is at any point putting out less than full power because of heavy loads or low engine rpm this will provide supplemental electricity. Unless you know for a fact you've got a weak iginition system don't waste your money.

#6 ·
thanks all. Thought it was a scam.

#7 ·
Lol This reminds me of one time when a guy came up to me at a gas station, looking at my car. He asked me if it was a shelby(no), turbocharged?, etc.

And then he tries to convince me to get some "snake oil" chip just like that, saying that it would make my tire spin in 2nd gear lol.

#8 ·
stuff like that on ebay is 100% a rip off, please don't buy into that stuff

#12 ·
looks like a box that tricks the 02 sensor into looking for a leaner mix. Really not a good idea unless adjustible. So you buy an inovative wideband and change the output to the computer, an adjustment in the sensor program. Then you get better mileage. Jay here does it and had the computer go open loop at 1 PSI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.