Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ground strap running across the passenger motor mount on my 87 GLHS is fairly frayed and I would like to replace it. The problem is that strap uses metal clips that slide on to the two sides of the motor mount (engine side/frame side). I have tried looking online for a replacement grounding strap with the clips, but all I can find are straps with looped ends for bolts or screws.

Hoping someone has a good source for the clip ended straps or a spare strap or two they are willing to sell me.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
The ground strap running across the passenger motor mount on my 87 GLHS is fairly frayed and I would like to replace it. The problem is that strap uses metal clips that slide on to the two sides of the motor mount (engine side/frame side). I have tried looking online for a replacement grounding strap with the clips, but all I can find are straps with looped ends for bolts or screws.

Hoping someone has a good source for the clip ended straps or a spare strap or two they are willing to sell me.

Thanks!
McMaster-Carr has what you need.
They have the braided wire as well as ones with an eyelet end.
The end pieces could be reused where necessary.
You should be able to uncrimp the clips by prying open the ends.

Reactions: GLHS0815

·
Registered
103 Posts
McMaster-Carr has what you need.
They have the braided wire as well as ones with an eyelet end.
The end pieces could be reused where necessary.
You should be able to uncrimp the clips by prying open the ends.
Just picked up this Chrysler ground strap
To see if it will fit. It’s 8 inches, had to bend the ends to fit our application. Might be a little longer than stock but it’s as close as I could find. 05059001ac from a Chrysler 300
$10.00
Silver Body jewelry Natural material Material property Necklace
Font Material property Creative arts Triangle Rectangle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts