Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finallt got the headgasket done after fighting 3 days of migrains...:bang head But thanks to Advil, I got it done. I forgot how much I love driving this car. The Hemi Magnum is a real nice ride and you get used to the civility, but then I get in the R/T and I just morph into a juvenile delinquent that love the rush of boost.

I got on the onramp this evening to run to a buddies house and there was a Lexus moving down the interstate as I was comming on to merge, I dropped a gear hit the loud pedel to about 20 psi and next thing I wa at 120 at the bottom of the ramp....Ahhh, no way the Magnum would do this...

All I need to do is swap in the fresh trans, as this one is sounding like a supercharger....Good to be back..:thumb:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Glad to hear its back! So, is the omni head on here now? How does it feel compared to before? Oh, yeah, and the turbine work, did that help? :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent reallt pushed the car hard enough to know. The Omni head was ported by Andre' and it isnt anything near what I normally do. Im lucky if it flows 15 cfm better.

Im running a TIII with a Holset, Spearco, meth inj, 3in DP, trimcal, 3 in DR and a Quaife.

L

·
0 Posts
Im running a TIII with a Holset, Spearco, meth inj, 3in DP, trimcal, 3 in DR and a Quaife.
and she goes like a phucker! I know cause I sure we woke up some people in Salina one night when I stopped by for a visit(3" bellaring(sp?) and tires a squealing):thumb:

Glad to hear she lives on:headbang:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Nice Wallace. Now get the Omni running! Or at least post some pictures of it!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
thats your tranny that whines like that wallace? man i thought it was your turbo in full max spin whine like that..that car does move the @#$% out though!! even with a carload of people in it;) trying to catch an omni spinning tires with ease...at 110+:thumb:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I havent reallt pushed the car hard enough to know. The Omni head was ported by Andre' and it isnt anything near what I normally do. Im lucky if it flows 15 cfm better.

Is this the "big" exhaust valve head already? If so, quick work:cool:

Alan

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Keep us updated Wallace. I am interested to see what you work to the turbine housing does. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
for migraines advil doesnt touch mine, pop like 4 excedrin and that does the trick.

i'm waiting for my r/t to be back too :( clutch and parts were ordered, cindy said they were in stock and hope they get here, I'd like to take it out and break the clutch in before the snow falls, so I'm all ready for spring.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
but then I get in the R/T and I just morph into a juvenile delinquent that love the rush of boost.
I know what you mean, I become a total nuisance at times. Especially with my lates upgrades.VROOOOM :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The big valve head is not done...yet. Its slowly getting done. Have no fear...

I got a pic of the Omni....in my avatar...

Joe, that was the turbo that was whining, but the repeated abuse has a input bering or diff bering growling at me...But it still manages to slip a tire now and again..

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
The big valve head is not done...yet. Its slowly getting done. Have no fear...

I got a pic of the Omni....in my avatar...

Joe, that was the turbo that was whining, but the repeated abuse has a input bering or diff bering growling at me...But it still manages to slip a tire now and again..
When my imput shaft bearing died in july the transmission was making horrible grinding sounds whenever it was spinning and poured out a crapload of metal when I drained it. That was with only 100 miles of driving and maybe 20 miles with the bearing gone bad (driving home on freeway).

Now its sitting in the driveway and When i spin the imput shaft with my hand I can hear it grinding away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts