Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the 88' TII Garrett all done. The turbine housing and wastegate can and arm got media blasted, everything else got cleaned up, including every single line.

Goes on Tuesday with the help of OhioRob! :D:banaride::thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Lookin sweet man!! Now hopefully you can knock a few 10ths off that 14.9 and get a few MPH!!

Be cool to see how much you get from this swap... keep us posted.

Jeff

·
Registered
953 Posts
MAN THAT LOOKS SWEET :thumb: I JUST GOT THE UNDER HOOD DONE/ STARTED ON THE BLOCK / ENGINE NEW SEALS /PAINT. I STILL HAVE TO MT. INTERCOOLER :( BUT IT WON,T BELONG NOW. OH MY WIFE SNIPPED A THINK PAD ON E BAY/ SO ALL I NEED IS A CABLE TO LINK UP TO THE SCANNER THEN WE CAN PRINT OUT DATA :thumb: alS

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Since the 14.97 run, I upgraded to a 2.5" exhaust with a dump tube, so I can uncap right after the downpipe :thumb: A tranny cooler, stiff rear shocks, and now the Garrett...on drag radials uncapped with 12psi it should go 13.9s, if not 14.0s.

PS: Good to hear Al! Youll have to come by some time and check out our new place and bring the van I wanna see it. :D

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Barron said:
I did the same thing .. sorta.. It sure makes a turbo look good!

Its you n' me bub.. lets se who gets the lowest this summer! lol!!!
lol We'll see, high 13's will be it for me. :D

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well to let you all know how it runs, it now holds boost in 1st gear until about 5,000RPMs, then when in 2nd it creeps to cut out. I have a bad can, it was not installed right when installed 2 years ago on my dad's van. See how my can is tilted wrong?

·
Registered
805 Posts
HOLD ON there DAVE-----remember that DAD is always watching and you are VERY limited to 14.50 and NO more. Trust me on that, your car keys are only a PULL away.

Best Regards
D-A-D

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
The Barron said:
Ya, the accuator arm,its not suppose to be on that much of an angle right?

To be honest.. If I broke into the 13's.. I'd be STUNNED! I think your safe.
Its not so much the arm angle, trust me on that. You should see what mine looks like, Its funky looking as I am running a ford SV and a hybrid turbo, its almost at 90 deg at one point, lol!

BIG PSI said:
HOLD ON there DAVE-----remember that DAD is always watching and you are VERY limited to 14.50 and NO more. Trust me on that, your car keys are only a PULL away.

Best Regards
D-A-D
Awwwwwwwwwwww DAD, :wink:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm...maybe Ill hit the track when he's not looking and see how fast it can go on street tires.

Names Bryan, by the way. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Must be embarrassing, huh Bryan?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:D Go to school Pete!

Anyways, I love the Garrett, it pulls really hard until it hits cut out. Today on my way to class I heard a turbo spooling and I started looking around for a semi..."wait...thats my turbo....ohhh yaaaahh.." ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
So you're gonna have to pull the head and change the wastegate?

Or....if I were you I'd do my best to do it with the head on. Screw that!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yah Im gonna try it with the head on first. As soon as I can get a good can, Im gonna drive out to Rob's and see what we can do. :bash: It pisses me off that you can never win with these cars.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Of course not. My Van hated me.

Junking it was more of a "tuche, motha f****" . Now I kick myself for getting rid of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts