Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people i need a lil help on a 03 neon 2.0,what would be the best way to go if i want to make the stock neon go 0 to dammm real fast, never had one and honestly its a downgrade for me going from a 09 G8 to a 03 neon and it aint even the srt4 is what sucks at least if it was i would feel a lil better but its a way from point A to point B.. if im going to own one its got to be fast... id like to go the turbo way really but dont have alot of money to do it with and im not sure exactly where to start at and prefer to not change my motor because i dont have the money to go out and buy a different motor so if you have been in this position before and had to make yours fasr tell me the way i need to go about this please and thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got my mind set on a turbo for some reason anyone happen to be able to suggest a good turbo kit for my neon

·
Registered
83 Posts
The old adage is still true, if you want a turbo, buy a car that has a turbo. Turbo motors have stronger parts inside, and the pistons are usually lower compression to start with, so that the turbo can boost the compression as needed. The Electronic Engine Controller needs to be calibrated for the turbo. The Neon motor is good, because it has 4 valves per cylinder, but a DOHC is better than the SOHC, and the 2.4 motor has more power and torque than the 2.0, even in nat. asp, form. Also, a 5-speed manual will perform better than an Automatic slush-box. If budget is an issue, the car can go faster with less weight. Throw out the rear seats, that won't cost anything, and no one sits back there most of the time, anyway, right? Get rid of the air conditioning, and look for anything else that is dead weight. A free-flowing exhaust could possibly help. Believe me, it will cost more to buy a turbo kit then to buy a car that already is a turbo straight from the factory, and the kit could cause reliability issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts