Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow TDers,
As many of you know I have built a few cars in my day and it seems like everyone always wants me to "start a build thread" well here it is......

We will start with a very solid and rust free and I mean rust free 93 Daytona Iroc R/T. Its obviously black and a factory sunroof car if you know me. It also has a rear wiper,light grey leather car for main options.

My plans are to dis-assemble the car about 95% and paint it inside and out and underneath with my local favorite painter buddy that has done my red 91 and blue R/T. Going with Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 and I had to buy enough for 4 gallons sprayable clear:thumb: Doing the usual Daytona job. everything but the fenders off for a nice finish on the chassis with zero paint lines in the jams or engine bay. Everything else will be panel painted inside and out so everything is glossy black:thumb:

I have a nice 91 TIII bottom end and trans so the numbers matching drivetrain can be oiled down and stored in case I want to make it stock again. I have collected many parts over the years for this motor and it will be getting my favorite parts,BC rods,ARP hardware,Holset HE351,Precision 750,direct port meth,and on and on. If it dont make over 500 WHP and get over 30MPG then something will be seriously wrong.

The car will have plenty of bling with Polished S/S I/C and exhuast pipes,lots of S/S fasteners,everything that can be powdercoated will be,Chrome Ninjas and on and on.

It should be pretty amazing in the end and the plan is to have it ready to drive it to SDAC and Carlisle in just a few months!!!

Hers a few pics of day 1....

After only 2 and a half hours the drivetrain is out and the nose is off and bay is powerwashed.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy crap... that thing is rust free! Cant wait to see it at carlise. Hope you approve of mine.
Thanks after having a few rust free cars I will never go back lol. From the pics I saw of yours im pretty sure I will like it:thumb:

This is going to be an awesome build.
I hope I keep up with myself on it lol

So I got a little farther on the dis-assembly tonight. Maybe one more night of pulling off a few small things and I will start the fun sanding process. Anyone wanna come pull out my windshield? I hate doing that!!!
Heres a few pics.....

Think I got a bigger mess after today

Parts.com......

Tiff getting a little excited. She had to simulate the engine noises cause it woulnt start for some reason....

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
ah i don't think i made noises. well at least i don't recall I guess i could have been excited for the car..well and to go to bed..but the car mostly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tiff, I pretty much sit in my Daytona all the time and make noises or play a video off my cell. Don't feel awkward in the least bit haha!

Man, you probably would of sent my car to the scrapper lol

Jackson, I'm really starting to like the 3rd gens! Can't wait to see more!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Looks good, I love the seats too btw! Tiffany and I have something in common in the way of sitting in cars and pretending they're already done (wishing) LOL

·
Registered
807 Posts
You two don't mess around, do you? Hell at this rate, I'll see ya both in it at the April meeting LOL! Awesome pics, keep it up with the great detail :thumb:

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
ok this is off topic kinda but how long is the next meet? lol does anyone know?i have a limited time frame so just curious. and also jackson do you have axles in the front hubs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i wish i was moved up there already so i could have watched and been shop bitch :p

looks like your doin it quick.keep on keepin on

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Nice! I saw that car complete and moving under it's own power just a couple weeks ago. Funny how fast you work Jackson LOL. Will love to see the progress. I will be up there for SDAC forsure. Its in the books so I will I will have to come see it getting all finished up. Keep up the good work and do that rust free car the justice it deserves!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts