Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I bet guys have pictures like that of every kind of piston imaginable. If you run way too hot or way to lean or a combination of things you will wreck any piston. I think all of the forged pistons work well. I've had my venolias for a while now and they've been though some hot egts, some detonation etc and they still work perfect so I have no complaints of them. I can't comment on the JE's, but I think they hold up well also. Again anything can be broken/melted so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yep the aluminum will only take so much abuse and its up to you to make sure that your tune is right, its kind of like blaming the stove for burning your dinner

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yeah it was my fault I didn't put a clamp on my vacuum line going to my mbc and it came off at 18 psi then shot to 25 and that was the result. Pulled really hard though lol

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yes and your picture is of a cast mahle piston. The forged will take the abuse much better, but can still be destroyed as the picture above yours shows.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well having fun and learning is what this is all about to me so if your not breakin stuff your not tryin hard enough lol....

·
Registered
335 Posts
forged pistons will take a lot more abuse. je is as good as any other forged piston: ross, mahle, wiseco and others work equally well. that melted piston is 100% caused by a lean detonation condition! nothing will hold up to that. btw a lean engine makes more power but has a major drawback as shown. like in winter, snowmobiles make more power when its really cold due to the denser air making the cylinders run lean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts