Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,433 Posts
I bet guys have pictures like that of every kind of piston imaginable. If you run way too hot or way to lean or a combination of things you will wreck any piston. I think all of the forged pistons work well. I've had my venolias for a while now and they've been though some hot egts, some detonation etc and they still work perfect so I have no complaints of them. I can't comment on the JE's, but I think they hold up well also. Again anything can be broken/melted so keep that in mind.

· Registered
2,433 Posts
Yes and your picture is of a cast mahle piston. The forged will take the abuse much better, but can still be destroyed as the picture above yours shows.

· Registered
335 Posts
forged pistons will take a lot more abuse. je is as good as any other forged piston: ross, mahle, wiseco and others work equally well. that melted piston is 100% caused by a lean detonation condition! nothing will hold up to that. btw a lean engine makes more power but has a major drawback as shown. like in winter, snowmobiles make more power when its really cold due to the denser air making the cylinders run lean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.