Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one put a turbo in a 2.5l jeep wrangler? I read and read of everyone wanting to do it but no articles of anyone doing it. Id like to find out how hard it is to put one in and any how to steps on one? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
709 Posts
just put a 4.0 in it with some D44's w/ 4.10's, SYE, a 4" long arm and 33's. probably for the same price you'd turbo it and fix it 276478264 times, and you'd have a nice wheelin rig lol are you on jeepforum at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just put a 4.0 in it with some D44's w/ 4.10's, SYE, a 4" long arm and 33's. probably for the same price you'd turbo it and fix it 276478264 times, and you'd have a nice wheelin rig lol are you on jeepforum at all?
Alright lets start here were your not really informed. A, I have a YJ soo no coils to do a long arm unless I wanted to. BI have a perfectly good rebuilt with a nice cam and lifters 2.5l that gets great gas milage and really out wheels alot of stock 4.0l. I have chromally axle shafts in my 35s, with 4:11s in them. I have 5 inches of lift and 31 inch tires for street 35s off road. Err rubicon express lift, shackles, and body lift. A turbo would increase my horse power, would increase my fuel milage, would not require me to weld up new motor mounts, try to put on new axles, and would not require about 2 grand to complete. I have found a really nice set up that a guy goes through and explains. I have put all these ideas on cad and have been desiging stuff up to go on my air con bracket. I plan a bit more for this so well see. With gas at 4 bucks a gallon I love my jeep and I love the fact I get 25 still because of my gearing. Figure a total set up without an intercooler cause that is just too much of a chance, being as its flimsy and can puncture easily, would run about 600 bucks for me to fab and by the turbo. As for the inline six, its actually easer for the YJs or the TJS to convert to a chevy 350, kits for this are more readily availible and easier obtained. And the horse power increase is alot more then a 2.5 to a 4.0. Actually for two years the 2.5 had more ponies then the 4.0 did =p:bash:. No worries if your in town Ill buy ya a beer and go over the numbers with ya =p. Yea Im on about every michigan and national jeep site possible. :drinking:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From every thing that I have read it would increase my mileage by between 2-6 mpg. Not a ton, but hey with as much highway as I do its nice. As long as you keep the lead foot off =p. Figure more air pushed in for the combution.

·
Registered
709 Posts
i was messin around dont take it so personally. but you're missing out on one fact.. what kind of wheelin do you do? rocks or mud? mud, i'd say hell ya turbo that thing.. rocks, you'd never see the new HP cuz you wouldnt get the rpm's up enough to spool it... well, we all know there are those few times where we go F*** it! and just floor it up some rocks cuz we get pissed lol

i've seen some srt-4 swaps.... amazing. made me drool.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
The 2.5L Turbo jeep on here that there was a video of took off quite well, i think it was a racing video, its been a while since i watched it. took a little work but was quite cool

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI new here but its the exact plan ive been workin on for the past 6 months , lookin for the right engine (doner car ) and turbo setups, any help would be appreciated. just yesturday it was mentioned that I would have to change out the bellhousing from a dakota, things like this, ide like to know.:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Does the jeep have the Chrysler or AMC based 2.5L? If it is the Chrysler motor then you could swap in a set of turbo rods/pistons, install turbo exhaust valves and use turbo intake/exhaust manifolds with a turbo of your choice. A turbo minivan wire harness would be the best to use, since it is longer to splice into the jeep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts